Look what found me

• tsamp
    eldora, iowa

I replied just to see how he was going to try and steal my money. Beware out there.

I live in Crosby, ND, I’ve just moved and the ATV is here with me. It has clean title, cleared of any obligations or fees (no lien).

I want to close this deal through Amazon Payments. It will be shipped from Crosby and I’ll pay the delivery costs. It will arrive at your address in 3-5 days, then you’ll have 5 days for inspection. I’ll start the shipping process in the same day with the payment confirmation. Amazon will keep the paid amount until you’ll receive, inspect and agree with the ATV. This is their policy regarding this type of transactions.

Tell me if you are still interested and I will contact Amazon regarding our transaction. Then they will send you the information about the purchasing.
    Thanks!

—– Original Message —–
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2012 4:40 PM
    Subject: Re: 2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EFI 4×4 ATV Camo with Plow

On 4/28/2012 2:23 PM, Anthony Raymond wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    >
    > I appreciate your interest regarding my Yamaha Grizzly 700.
    > I will sell it for $1,980. The price includes shipping and insurance to your address.
    > Let me know if you are interested.
    >
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    >
    >
    > —–
    > No virus found in this message.
    > Checked by AVG – http://www.avg.com
    > Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2411/4964 – Release Date: 04/28/12
    >
    >
    where are you? I wish to see today or tomorrow.

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

I had the same thing happen with a boat.
    The [censored] said he was a Master Sargent in the ANG.
    Asked for his phone number and that is when he stopped corresponding.
    What a moron!

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

Sounds similar to the two paypal scams I recently received for my boat on Craislist. One was on an oil rig, the other was doing charity work in Africa.
    Both wanted me to open a PayPal account to “protect” us both.
    Their agent would pick up the boat for them once payment had cleared.
    I responded,Use your PayPal account to send the money to your pickup agent and have them bring cash.
    For some reason they stopped responding.

Walleyeriz

I was looking for a used sled last year, This is the scam this guy tried to use on me

Hi,
    I’m Lee, let me know if you’re still interested my 2004 Skidoo MXZ 600 with 990 miles, never been involved in a accident, no damage, no scratch, no rust and I can say that this sled is in perfect condition and you will love it if you will decide to move forward. All documents, including owner’s manual, clear title and a bill of sale will be provided along with the Snowmobile. The price is not negotiable $2000 firm. I’m selling this Snowmobile because my child of only 23 died 2 months ago in a car accident,a drunk driver hit him and his fiancee. The sled belonged to my son and it brings me bad memories and that’s the reason I want to sell it.
    I travel a lot with my business and I want to make this deal through eBay’s Business Purchase Protection Program. I just need your full name,full shipping address, home/cell # so I can open a case (with no further obligation or fees). eBay will contact you with all the Transaction/shipping details you will need. I will take care of the shipping so don’t worry.

Thanks and have a good day,
    Lee Jefferson

I couldn’t believe this guy was even trying this, unfortunately some people do fall for the scam. as soon as I asked for his phone # I never heard from him again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.