Arizona Largemouth

• Kipp Hughes

Since moving to Arizona from Florida it has been a struggle to adjust to the different style of fishing. In the past I have been a Musky and then a saltwater redfish fisherman. Largemouth has been my least favorite fish to fish for but since moving to Airizona I’ve had no choice but to fish for Largemouth. After catching a bunch of small largemouth I decided to try a new lake. Caught this one on a 10″ Berkley powerbait worm. I guess I’ll be going back to this lake. I didn’t have a scale and released the fish but it looks like it would weigh somewhere close to 10 lbs.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2542.jpg

2. IMG_2538.jpg

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Nice fish!

Where did you catch musky in Florida. Asking for a friend.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Very nice!

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

WOW!!! That’s a Dandy! bow Nice Work!

Kipp Hughes

Never fished for Musky in Florida, always fished Lake of the Woods for Musky. As far as I know, no Musky lakes in Florida.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

There aren’t, I was kidding.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

What’s it like bass fishing in Arizona? I assume it is all reservoir fishing, deep and crystal clear?

Kipp Hughes

Most lakes are dammed up rivers and are fairly clear and very deep 100′-200′. The lakes are mainly rock cliffs with a few shallow areas which can have some weeds. I am pretty new to this fishing but have been catching a few small largemouth each trip out with an average size of 1.5 lbs. This was my first quality fish besides some nice Crappie this spring. The day I caught the fish in the picture was my first time on this lake so I’m hoping that it holds larger fish than the lakes I’ve been fishing before. Only time will tell.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Run deep cranks and drop shots along the ledges and also look into “spybaiting”. It has been gaining steam and a lot of the guys out west rely on it for fishing very clear, deep lakes. Great fish by the way. Keep catching those and I don’t think you’ll dislike bass fishing for much longer.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That is a tank! Guess I will have to get some fishing equipment down there, my in-laws keep a pontoon on Canyon Lake. Pretty crazy being on those lakes, when you grew up on the greenery surrounding our MN Lakes.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Oh and seeing Bighorn Sheep was an added bonus!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1509.jpg

2. IMG_1507.jpg

3. IMG_1508.jpg

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.