Arrow rest question

• marbleye2
    Eagle Lake, MN

I am getting my older bow upgraded for a return to bowhunting. For years I shot with a simple flipper arrow rest. I am looking to get a new arrow rest for it and wanted some opinions on which ones I should look at. I plan to use it for hunting deer and turkeys. Suggestions?

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

I would go with the schaffer rest… Not because they are a sponsor, but because I bought mine long before they became a sponsor here, and the thing is great!!! I know alot of times on this site, when asking for opinions on products, it always seems to be the sponsors products that are put out there. This however, is worth it.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Here is my next one, when they become available

Arrow Rest

mossyoak
    UP Michigan

Quote:

QAD . The best on the market in my opinion

http://www.qadinc.com/

X2 Ultra rest would def. be one to look at

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

If youre looking for a good quality drop away, i would go w/ either a Trophy Taker Shaky Hunter, or QAD. I have owned the Shaky hunter for about 7 years now, never replaced it and have had nothing but success with it QAD is a great fall away rest too Another good rest that isn’t a drop away but has had great reviews, and is good for newer bow hunters is the Octane rest. It is similar to a Whisker Biscuit but is held by 3 separate brushes instead of full containment. Thus eliminating more arrow contact than the Biscuit.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

I’m going with the Vapor Trail Limb Driver capture rest. It’s easy to install and set up. Works great. While you’re at it pick up some Vapor Trail Stings and cables to round it out. They have Fantastic Customer service and are located in Ham Lake, MN

TheMidwestHunter
    MN

If your looking for just a fall away, hands down my pick would be a Limb Driver. If you want a fall away and full contain all in one, again my hands down pick would be a QAD. I’ve shot both of these, a schaffer, trophy taker and a rip cord.

dcolsen
    Linwood, MN

QAD Ultra rest….. the best there is

kentuckyboy
    Maple Grove, MN

I love my Rip Cord rest. Built solid and drops very fast. I haven’t had one issue from it in 3 years of heavy use.

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

Quote:

I would go with the schaffer rest… Not because they are a sponsor, but because I bought mine long before they became a sponsor here, and the thing is great!!! I know alot of times on this site, when asking for opinions on products, it always seems to be the sponsors products that are put out there. This however, is worth it.

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

Quote:

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

OBVIOUSLY I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO A “QUOTE” PROPERLY, BUT ANYWAYS MY EXPERIENCE HAS NOT BEEN THAT SPONSORED ITEMS ARE PUSHED AT ME WHEN ASKING FOR ADVICE. MY .02 WORTH

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.