New Bow

• huntfish42
    SSP, MN

So after this season I will be in the market for a new bow. Not because I need one but because I want one, wifey doesn’t follow that logic but then again she’s not the boss of me. So I will definitely be going with Hoyt and have reduced the choices to three. The Turbohawk, Maxxis, Alphamax. All are similar but not exactly alike. All I believe have an IBO around 320 fps. All have parallel, split 3/4″ laminated limbs. The Maxxis and Alphamax have a machined riser while the Turbohawk has a cast riser. I have shot the Maxxis and Turbohawk, but not the Alphamax. I like them both and am sure the Alphamax falls between the two in shootability. With the Alphamax and Turbohawk I will not get the roller cable gaurd, but I can handle that. With the Turbohawk I will have to bolt on a string supressor while the other two come with it.

If I buy the Turbo – I can afford the best accessories without breaking the bank.

If I buy the Alpha – I can get some top of the line stuff but will have to skimp on others.

If I buy the Maxxis – I will have to skimp on most but will have to spring for the Schaffer sights, too nice not to have. So, what would you do?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Accessories can always be upgraded.

Can you steal anything off your old bow to save money?

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Maxxis if if fits you good and feels best!

ford1326
    WHITE BEAR LAKE,MN

Im green with envy. Been shootin the same Hoyt for 5 years. Fortuneately my wife has a bigger rack then most bucks I have shot so I let her be the boss over me.

Either way your will have fun picking out a new one.

enjoy

paul

isubass

Well I just purchased my first real bow today. Got the new Hoyt Maxxis 31″. I was completely convinced I was going to get the Afterburner, but it wasn’t even close. The Maxxis feels like an extension of my body and balances in my hand like a dream. Plenty fast, smooth, and very quiet. It’s all dialed in, can’t wait to fling an arrow at a real deer!!

spd800
    NW Metro

Quote:

So after this season I will be in the market for a new bow. Not because I need one but because I want one, wifey doesn’t follow that logic but then again she’s not the boss of me. So I will definitely be going with Hoyt and have reduced the choices to three. The Turbohawk, Maxxis, Alphamax. All are similar but not exactly alike. All I believe have an IBO around 320 fps. All have parallel, split 3/4″ laminated limbs. The Maxxis and Alphamax have a machined riser while the Turbohawk has a cast riser. I have shot the Maxxis and Turbohawk, but not the Alphamax. I like them both and am sure the Alphamax falls between the two in shootability. With the Alphamax and Turbohawk I will not get the roller cable gaurd, but I can handle that. With the Turbohawk I will have to bolt on a string supressor while the other two come with it.

If I buy the Turbo – I can afford the best accessories without breaking the bank.

If I buy the Alpha – I can get some top of the line stuff but will have to skimp on others.

If I buy the Maxxis – I will have to skimp on most but will have to spring for the Schaffer sights, too nice not to have. So, what would you do?

What’s your wifes email

huntfish42
    SSP, MN

Quote:

Quote:

What’s your wifes email

Wouldn’t you like to know

It took some convincing but I got her on board with the whole thing. If she plays her cards right I might just give her the special treatment tonight Meaning I’ll sleep on the couch so she doesn’t have to put up with my snoring.

I liked the Turbohawk and Maxxis and would be satisfied with either one. The only thing I need to know is the difference between the cast and machined riser? They both shoot so much better than my bow I guess I was too awe-struck to notice a difference. Decisions, decisions.

spd800
    NW Metro

I guess the Diamond was to smooth for you.

huntfish42
    SSP, MN

Quote:

That pretty much did it, after I shot your bow I knew the leap to a parallel limb bow had to be made. I guess I have you to thank, I’ll let Mariah know to thank you too. I’m sure she’ll be real happy to see you at the next Marschinke family wedding. I’ll give you all the credit.

spd800
    NW Metro

Quote:

Quote:

That pretty much did it, after I shot your bow I knew the leap to a parallel limb bow had to be made. I guess I have you to thank, I’ll let Mariah know to thank you too.

Do I sense some sarcasm?

huntfish42
    SSP, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That pretty much did it, after I shot your bow I knew the leap to a parallel limb bow had to be made. I guess I have you to thank, I’ll let Mariah know to thank you too.

Do I sense some sarcasm?

Uh huh. Good luck!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.