New Bow

• boods1
    Lancaster, WI

I am considering buying a new bow after this season and was wondering what some of your guys opinions are on the different bows out there. I understand you have to buy what you feel comfortable with and have confidence in, but was just checking the crowd for answers to get me headed in the right direction! Thanks Fellas!

ford1326
    WHITE BEAR LAKE,MN

Nuttin but HOYT. This can be a Ford VS. Chev though, you will get many different opinions. all are good.
    just a matter of personal preference. get ready to spend some money. i have at least a grand in mine.
    either way have fun shopping

MikeReneeHolt

Of course check out Mathews! I shoot a Mathews Drenalin and love it. Go shoot a few different ones at scheels or an archary store and see what YOU like. Getting a new bow is an exciting time. At least it was for me!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Boods, definitely go to a good archery shop. Many of the outdoor stores have good archery sections, but what you want to do is test shoot as many different bows as you can. Archery shops also want to make you a customer for life…. cusotmers for life = Happy Customer, they won’t try to sell you the bow that they have the most of in the back room… Have fun too !!! Like said, it’s an exciting time Oh yeah, almost forgot… HOYT

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

I shoot a Mathews and I’m going to man up and say I LOVE the new Hoyts much better.

rsballar6941
    Rochester, MN

I shoot a mathews DXT and have nothing but good things to say about it. I to just purchased this bow after shooting many, tried Hoyt as well as many others but there was just something about how the DXT felt. Shoot as many as you can and choose the one you feel most comfortable with.

markkeehn

shoot a hoyt katera and love it!!

lick

welcome to iDo rmk

Mathews Reezen

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

Mathews MONSTER! Lots of good ones out there. Good Luck shoot as many as you can.

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Mathews DXT, but shoot em all

abster71
    crawford county WI

I’d wait a little to see what’s new coming out but when they do shoot all you can.

boods1
    Lancaster, WI

Thanks for the great responses! One of the shops I bought my current bow from is a big time BowTech dealer. Any good words on BowTech?

ChrisBressler

Hey boods,shoot as many brands as you can then decide which fits you and your wallet the best. I shoot a Renegade Tominator II (4 tears old) and trust the bow very much, it has taken a few lumps in Wi and Colorado and still shoots great.

big_g
    Isle, MN

shot a Bowtech 4 years ago when I bought my HOYT… not a bad choice haven’t shot any other bow recently….I don’t think there are “bad” bows on the market, they wouldn’t last, what I do believe is there is better bows and more importantly, better service from brand to brand… that’s why I urge going to an archery shop It is always nice when you hear “Hi Boods” when you walk in and not…. “how can I help you ?” Have fun with it !!!

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

I shoot a Mathews! Not sure if they make another bow Check out the Mathews new Z 7

BBushy
    Moorhead, Minnesota

Hey,
    I have a Mathew Reezen and love it. But I think it depends on the person. I would shoot Hoyt,Mathews,PSE,
    and Bowtech and check everything out. Just today I shot
    the new Mathews Z7 and the Hoyt Carbon Matrix and they were both great. I think that I’ll be shooting my Reezen for awhile.

the_grump
    Le Center

I was in a couple differnt bow shops today and Scheels has a new ’10 mathews demo bow, don’t remember the name but it looked nice.
    Next stop at a bowtech dealer, and he had info on two new bowtechs that should be arriving in a week or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-i9BJxI_lg

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

I agree with big g 100 percent

pelzel12
    Plum City WI

Try as many as you can and go with what feels right. I think the bows that have came out in the last five years or so are pretty equal. I have an older Mathews. Another thing you don’t need a $1200 bow to kill a deer. Practice, Hard work, Preparation, and THE MOST IMPORTANT IS LUCK.

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

I have been shooting a Bowtech Guardian for 2 years now. Bowtech just updated their web site the other day. Can’t wait to shoot the new Destroyer.

Besox

Go shoot em and let your comfort level decide what is best. Hoyt, Matthews, Bowtech all are very solid. I shoot a Diamond and love it. Best bow for my short draw.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Thanks for the great responses! One of the shops I bought my current bow from is a big time BowTech dealer. Any good words on BowTech?

If you can wait until December the new BowTech Destroyer comes out

whittsend

Bowtech!

Very happy with mine for the last 5 or so years. Still a shooter.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.