String loop…what’s the trick?

• isubass

Hey guys,

I am new to archery and just kind of getting to know all the basics. I am shooting an older bow my uncle gave me a while back, and should be bolting on a bunch of new accessories this week to try to bring it up-to-date somewhat.

Anyways, I have been having trouble getting the knots to hold on my string loop for my release. I am on my second one, and either the upper or lower knot starts slipping after 10-15 arrows. Is there a way to torque on the knots to cinch them tight? My knot looks just like it does on the diagram. Thanks for any help!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Do you burn the ends ? This helps to form a little ball on them

huntfish42
    SSP, MN

Just like G said burn the ends, also if you crimp a nocking point above the top knot of the loop it will keep it from creeping

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Just like G said burn the ends, also crimp a nocking point above the top knot of the loop it will keep it from creeping

I also do all of that PLUS crimp a nocking point on the low side too to keep it from creeping up. We all know how we hate when things ‘creep up’ on us

MikeReneeHolt

Yeah you have to burn it. What I did when i put my d-loop on was nocked my arrow and got it level. Then on the top of the nock and on the bottom i tied thin string around my bow string good and snug. Enough to not make my arrow move up and down my bow string. Then tied the d-loop on the outside of that. This way my arrow nocks in the same place everytime.

isubass

Quote:

Just like G said burn the ends, also if you crimp a nocking point above the top knot of the loop it will keep it from creeping

Actually did that…my problem is the knot slips out, even with a burnt ball on the end it eventually pulled through. I tinkered with it tonight for a while and think I got it figured out though.

Thanks for the input!

big_hunter
    eagan, mn

check this video out… remember to burn a bunch of that line.

theres 2 parts, heres part 1

T Bone is hilarious AND very informative.

isubass

Thanks big hunter!

Those were very good videos, looks like I need to mash the ends more before I burn ’em.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.