Problems with Bowtech customer service.

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Check with Scott Steil. You can get a nice new unit for that money.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Give craigslist a shot.

stevedobie
    Central, MN

You can get alot for $350…. Good luck adn I hope you find the person that took yours.

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

You can get a shiny new Vexilar FL-8 for that!

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Quote:

Check with Scott Steil. You can get a nice new unit for that money.

Matt Milbrandt
    Hastings Mn

How does the LX5 compare to the FL18 or 20?

troutsrus
    Lytton Iowa

You can get a reconditioned FL18 for close to that. Check out Vexilar website !

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Quote:

How does the LX5 compare to the FL18 or 20?

They are all very good flashers. You get some extras with Marcum that you have to buy separate at Vexilar, like dual beam transducer, and soft case cover, also the zoom feature can be used in the whole water column. The fine line feature is nice also. They all will show you where the fish are or aren’t, and show your jig, it just depends on how much you want for the money.

Ed

whiteoak

Quote:

Give craigslist a shot.

I second that suggestion. I picked up a good running, used FL-8/SLT for $150 last year.

captkev
    Todd County Mn.

My nephew won a LX-3tc 2 weeks ago and it has never been out of the box. He wants a Vexilar. PM me if interested.

kevinbrantner
    West Central Wisconsin

I sent my Bowtech Admiral in for warranty work 3 weeks ago and still haven’t got it back. The owners manual says they are supposed to get your bow either repaired or replaced and back out the door within 72 hours from receiving it.

The dealer I got it from has only been able to make contact with them through emails and told me almost two weeks ago that a replacement was supposed to be here by the end of last week. He told me today that he sent them another email to see what’s going on. It’s bad enough it wasn’t made right the first time but having to wait 3 weeks or more for a replacement??? Come on!

I’m wondering if anyone else has had issues with their customer service (or lack of it) or is it just me?

I’m thinking about getting a refund and switching back to Hoyt!

SteveHuettl
    South Metro

There is something to be said about the customer service you get from a company like Mathew’s You don’t realize how nice it is until the time comes when you need a problem fixed.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

That stinks Kevin! I hope you get her back soon!

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Thats the reason I didnt buy a diamond, and got a mission…

stealthy
    Elgin, MN

I have never had a problem with mine. I always go to a place in Little Canada. The only time I have heard of a problem with Bowtech was with an Old Glory losing paint on the limbs. But it was taken to the dealer up there and was fixed in less than a hour.

I hope you did not go to a place in Red Wing. I made that mistake a while back.

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

sorry to hear about the run-around Kevin. I have never had a problem with my Guardian I bought 3 years ago. Shot about 30 different bows before deciding on the Bowtech Guardian. I also bought a Diamond for my daughter 2 years ago, and no problems with her bow either.

kevinbrantner
    West Central Wisconsin

My problem has been solved. I went to the dealer today to get my money back but I ended up bringing home an Admiral he had for sale in his store instead. Hopefully this one will be made right!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Good to hear someone finally stepped up for ya Kevin.

It shouldn’t have to be that hard though.

kevinbrantner
    West Central Wisconsin

Quote:

Good to hear someone finally stepped up for ya Kevin.

It shouldn’t have to be that hard though.

I got to talk to a customer service rep. at Bowtech today and he said he was going to check into it and see what happened. I told him it’s not so much that it took 3 weeks to get a new bow, (shipping time each way plus 72 hours to get it out their door), as it was not knowing what’s going on and I was told it would be here last week. He wasn’t apologetic and basically told me, “You got your new bow, what more do you want?” My answer to that one was, “Yeah, thanks to the dealer not Bowtech!”

I will not hold back from informing anyone I come into contact with about my experience(s) with a company be it good or bad when I drop close to a grand on one of their products.

Customer satisfaction should come first before anything…

And, yes, my hat’s off to Mike at River Valley Outfitters in Wabasha, MN. He was going to do and did do whatever it took to make things right with me!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.