Has anyone tried a custom bow grip?

• Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I have a Mathew’s Drenalin and really like it except for the grip. It’s not very comfortable for me and the grip is too wide. There’s a couple of companies out there that make custom grips for all kinds of bows (one is called torqueless) . Has anyone ever tried one? It looks like you have a lot of options to choose from.

I have the same problem with the Drenalin grip. Besides that, the bow is perfect IMO.

The website looks interesting! Would love to hear more about these grips.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

I haven’t tried the torqueless grip. But I have tried the Death Grip. I liked the death Grip and am thinking of getting one. I might have to wait and try the torqueless though. I know another option I’m looked at and might try is sanding down the Stock MAthew’s grip. They have this listed in the Do It Yourself Section of Archery Talk.

jeff_hansen

I’ve been shooting the Torqueless for the past couple of years and I really like it. The repeatability of the grip is very consistent and it has been very durable in the field. I’d say it was definitely worth the upgrade.

kevinbrantner
    West Central Wisconsin

I have a Bowtech Admiral and I’m not too fond of the way their grip is designed. It’s rounded where your hand meets the bow and I’m sure we all know it should be flat for consistancy so I’ve been looking at several custom grips and have decided on Torqueless myself. I have a set of Red and Black strings coming from Scott’s Strings this week so I’m going to be buying either the Applejack to go with my strings or the graphite to go with the carbon string stopper on my bow. I’ll be going with a low wrist grip as well.

I also like the style of Loesch grips at bowgrips.com but decided on the thinner Torqueless.

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

If you check the mathews forums and some of the other archery forums you will see a lot of good comments about the Torgueless grips. I am thinking about trying one as well. I would say they are by far the most popular and highly rated ones I have found yet. Never tried one though.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

They do change your draw length by 1/2 ” so be careful.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I haven’t ever looked into a custom grip, but the one pictured above, looks an awful lot like the one that came stock on my HOYT, minus the green coloring….

big G

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Longer or shorter?

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Longer or shorter?

shorter

les_welch

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Longer or shorter?

shorter

Within a week of getting my Drenalin, I ordered a Torqueless. Only way to go, IMO. Did not change my draw, or anything about my setup. All 7 pins were still dialed in.

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Just ordered a few for the wife and I. Will post my results.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Longer or shorter?

shorter

Within a week of getting my Drenalin, I ordered a Torqueless. Only way to go, IMO. Did not change my draw, or anything about my setup. All 7 pins were still dialed in.

Just to clarify;

The torqueless grip does not change your draw length. The death grip does by 1/2 inch (shorter).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.