Deer Decoys

• rattlin_2

I am wonering what the best decoy is out there. I am looking for something relatively cheap (under $100). Where is the best place to get them? Any help would be appreciated!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have a Carry Lite, but it’s about 4 years old, the new ones, are alot more life-like, especially with the paint job

Carry Lite

big G

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I agree with G. The Carry Lite that he posted is pretty realistic looking. The other decoy I would consider the best is Mothwing’s Bob’n head decoy. The tail and head moves in the slightest breeze. Sometimes those does can clear a field because they don’t feel comfy around a decoy. I have noticed even the slightest movement in the decoy keeps those does a little less wary.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a good decoy for under $100. The Carry Lite is about $150 and the Bob’n Head I paid $179.99.

jorgy
    rochester

I have have never used a decoy till this year. It is an absolute magnet. Everytime its been out i’ve had deer come in. I use the delta which i believe was 89 or 99 dollars. It has a small basket 8 point rack which i feel is perfect. Like i said with the story of my 10 pointer i had a basket come up and lick it twice. I sat home last sunday and let my sister and dad use my stands because his fell apart and i already had my buck. So my sister sat in my stand with the decoy. I told her not to let a buck get to close to the decoy because he will smash it and run away. Well a doe came by she pulled up to shoot that and saw this buck coming so she stopped. The buck came trotting in grunting and stopped behind a tree about 50 yards away. I guess it started to charge at the decoy so she shot and took out both back legs, than gave it one to the neck and it was all over. I havn’t seen good pics just ones from there phone and it is a giant eight. Her first deer over all. The 10 was my first deer with a bow. So does the delta decoy work. In my opionion it gets an a++++++++.
    Just my 2 cents and its in your price range. Fleet farm

Anonymous

I need to get me one of them there deer magnets. I’m always thinking some road hunter will pull up and start blasting, or even another hunter on adjoining land. Have to put a little target sticker right on the vitals

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Yes be very careful if you are using it during Rifle/Slug seasons. I only use one during those times on Private land away from the roads. Good Point!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Yeah, I agree, I never use mine on public land during any firearm season. I will be using it tomorrow, on private land though

big G

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.