IDO ARCHERY SHOOT SEPTEMBER 7TH!!!!

• corey_waller
    hastings mn

I will be putting together an informal archery shoot and bow tuning seminar at the Dakota County Archery Range located at Lower Spring Lake Park just west of Hastings on Sept 7th. It is a 28 target course with 10 shots from a raised platform. Distances will be from 20 to 80 yards. All targets are paper and we will NOT be keeping score so anyone new to the sport or looking to increase their effective range can come too. The cost of the shoot will be about $10.00. The park charges a daily use fee of $5.00 per shooter and I am working with the parks deptartment to put out all new targets with an additional $5.00 donation. I will be providing the archery instruction for free.That will consist of arrow advice, paper tuning, and archery form and shooting instruction. With the hunting season on the door step this will be a good way to put to finishing touches on your hunting set up and get to put a name with a face of our IDO brothers. Any questions give me a call or drop me a pm.

here is the>>>>>> LINK

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Sounds good, its a long ways but I might try to make it, shoots are a blast!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Wow, This should be a blast. We have a smimlar range up here in the North Metro and man it is fun to try differnet shots. Getting togehter with the rest of these archery nuts would be fun. I’m sad to say that I can’t make it as I will be pouring a driveway in Pierre, SD that weekend.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Great Idea!
    I am currently dealing with some rotator cuff issues but would love to help out with the seminar if I can make it over there…I have archery Bear hunters coming in the following week…I’ll have to see how things are coming together.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

I should be able to make this, as long as i’m not shooting sky carp that day. I haven’t picked up the bow since the last night of 3D league this spring…so it should be interesting to say the least…

I do have a new HHA Optimizer sight i need to install and get sighted in though, sounds like a perfect time for that.

ducksmuggler
    Red Wing, MN

I should be able to make this to??
    just got a new bow mission X3 to fill the gap that my old Q2 filled since I sold it

corey_waller
    hastings mn

OOOPS forgot to mention times will be from 10 till 2 on Sunday the 7th

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

To reiterate what Tuck said on the fishing site.

For those of you that do not know Corey. He used to work at an outdoor/archery shop in Hastings. He knows his stuff when it comes to bow set ups. He is the ONLY ONE I trust to touch my bow. I drive over an hour to drop my bow off and over an hour to pick it back up each year from Corey to make sure it is “ON” prior to season. After he gets done with it, I have all the confidence in the world in my bow and when that moment of truth comes, there is no doubt in my mind he is going down.

Sounds simple, but believe me it is not.

I just wish I could make it.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

Thanks Rob.
    I will have everything there to get a bow tuned and ready to go. BUT I will not be able to get a press there so if you need peeps or that kind of stuff installed please make sure to have it done prior to the 7th. I can do the rest

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sounds possible…. will have to check dates…

big G

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I should be able to do this also looking forward to meeting some new faces

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I’ll be there!!!! Sounds like a great time.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

SWEET!!! who else is in! and to those who come bring a nonmember too!!! see you there

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Only a few weeks away!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m in! Thanks Corey for setting this up!

corey_waller
    hastings mn

no prob!! Im ready to do some shooting!! As we get closer lets try to get a head count of guys who are going to need some paper tuning. That way I can see how much time Im going to need to devote to tuning. see you guys there

corey_waller
    hastings mn

just bringing this back to the top. trying to get a final head count. I have been making a few phone calls and have some non-members coming as well. Jump on am let me know if you are in.

here is who I got so far

Perch 44

Ducksmuggler

Steve Plantz

Lenny Jamison

Brad J

let me know if any of you guys are bring people along as well.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I was planning on coming, until we broke the drive pipe off at the compund this weekend trying to get some water for the neighbor. Looks like next weekend, back up at the cabin This really bums me out…. I was looking forward to shooting my bow, and getting her paper tuned by you Corey…. Hopefully we can do this again sometime…

big G

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately I’m going to have back out of this. I have a family reunion going on this weekend (at my house) and there just isn’t enough time for me to make it down there. Have a good shoot everybody!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Howd the shoot go Corey, was it a good one.

ducksmuggler
    Red Wing, MN

it was a blast for me and gave me some new places to improve my shooting

sorry I could stick around for the grillout

corey_waller
    hastings mn

It was alot of fun. we had a decent number of shooters there. Everyone enjoyed the freebies from Scent Blocker. For those of you that have never been to this range you gotta go try it out its alot of fun. Im going to put together one more this year and then we will be doing a couple every fall after that.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

When is the next one?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.