Late season hunting

• dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

fiskas doesnt make them sorry thought they did.

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

PM gundez-71

It’s his “secret weapon” on the pond. I’m pretty sure he picked up a bunch somewhere before the GTG last year. He might be able to point you in the right direction.

timmy

Is this like “Marmuska” jig from HT Enterprises??

Never heard of a Mormyshka??? Could someone post a pic?

Tim

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Marmooska Jig?

timmy

Quote:

Marmooska Jig?

Yup – that is what I meant to type….

Tim

howler
    bagley wi.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Gander Mountain usually has Marmooska’s. Some other manufacturers make a very similar jig.

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Fleet Farm carries them when they get their shelves stocked with ice gear.

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

he means mormyshka.they are jigs with no eyelets. it has a hole in the middle of it where the line threads through. you tie some kind of knot to keep it attached. they usually are gold, brass or silver in color. http://www.theeyeshaveit.com has a picture of a few of them.

genegr
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Thanks JD, they have them pictured but there phone has been busy. I’ll keep trying them and let everyone know.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

sorry, I was side tracked looking at the mushrooms

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Hit the St. Paul ice show, chief. The makers have a booth there each year selling the marmooshkas. They have a very broad product line and just seeing all of the jigs is worth the entry fee.

I bought about twenty bucks worth of jigs from the ruskies last year. They have some great jigs that marvel the quality and design of the Fiskas jigs but a whole lot cheaper. The glow jigs are unreal in my book.

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

I picked up 2 dozen of the jigs on eBay.

Good price, fast shipping too!

Tom Sawyer

Quote:

Thanks JD, they have them pictured but there phone has been busy. I’ll keep trying them and let everyone know.

genegr

Their right you can get the jigs there. Either email me from my site or call tomorrow, to let me know what you need.

Craig

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Marmooska Jig?

Yup I dont know what these are…

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Marmooska Jig?

Yup I dont know what these are…

These.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The marmooskas spin bad if they get worked very hard. The diamond jig from Custom Jig and Spins is a very affordable jig if the compact is what you are looking for.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Quote:

The marmooskas spin bad if they get worked very hard

Very true When the bite gets tough later in the season, these jigs really shine for me. But, when they start to spin, the fish don’t want much to do with them.

Tom Sawyer

Here’s what they look like.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Quote:

Quote:

The marmooskas spin bad if they get worked very hard

Very true When the bite gets tough later in the season, these jigs really shine for me. But, when they start to spin, the fish don’t want much to do with them.

Wats, isn’t the spin due to your line becoming worn or old?

Ted

scottsteil
    Central MN

Spin is the down side of horizontal presentations. One thing to try is to jig them up and down really slow while sight fishing. It keeps the spin to a minimum and sometimes you can fool those big bulls.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Quote:

Wats, isn’t the spin due to your line becoming worn or old?

I honestly don’t know. I thought it was just from the jigging action itself. Much the same way as vertical fishing eyes does to the line. Eventually, the jig or whatever you are using twists the line enough that either the jig spins, or your line gets twists.
    In most of the areas I fish, there isn’t enough line out to actually show farther up, just at the jig. When vertical fishing at the dam, there is enough line out that the twisting action carries farther up.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Quote:

One thing to try is to jig them up and down really slow while sight fishing.

Agreed Scott That is the only way I have found that works when shallow water fishing. If you keep the jig moving up and down, the spin will typically stop. It doesn’t even take much movement either

les_welch

Season runs until January 6th in most units in Wisconsin. I was out last night. I sat a hardwood area, with lots of Oaks, the deer have definitely been using it. I have many pictures of does, and 1 good buck that comes quite often, but they were all no shows before hours ended last night. We have filmed an 8 point and two does being harvested in the last 10 nights. We haven’t morning hunted yet.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

With this cold weather they could be showing up during the middle of the day, (the warmest part of the day)and be holed up during the coldest. Just a thought.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Yep only a couple of days to go. I took tomorrow off and I’m planning on hunting all three days. Anyone planning on getting out there? It may be a little windy tomorrow but the temps should be good all weekend.
    Steve

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.