Aqua-Vu Camera

• garragelogic
    Wayzata, MN

Can anyone give some feedback on Aqua-Vu’s new cameras? Specifically the ones with the new style XD camera shown below. How does it compare to the old camera and to the Marcum camera?

I can’t seem to find any reviews anywhere and would like to know before I pull the trigger on one.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    1. 200-7410-4_272x252.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’ve been watching your post. I haven’t used one of those so it wouldn’t be fair for me to say.

There’s really only a couple “in the store” test and that’s having a Marcum next to another brand and point both cameras at something bright. Like a red jacket about 10 feet away. Look to see which monitor shows the closest to the actual color.

Then look what can me seen at the edges of the screen. You’re looking for field of view. Which one shows the most compared to the other. Some companies use the “fish eye” lens to get a larger field. Is the picture distorted? I like seeing what I’m seeing and not an artificially enlarged fish.

Find out if you can take the camera outside to look at the monitor. How’s the picture in bright sun? If you fish in a house all the time, this is not a big deal.

But one of the most important features of an underwater camera is if it can see in the dark. I’m not talking about muddy water. Just dark water.

Most ice guys end up fishing at night. Most any camera words adequate during the day. If you fish at night for in +30 feed of water and the camera monitor has the “snow storm” effect it’s garbage.

Then it’s time to look at the Marcum line of cameras. I’ve filmed in 50 feet of water and it’s as clear as looking in a mirror.

garragelogic
    Wayzata, MN

Thanks BK. I’m hoping someone has purchased one of these as I already have the LX-9 and PanCam, but would like a little clearer image as I display the camera on TV’s in my permanent house.

buddah6

http://www.aquavu.com/Products/HD10i-Pro
    If you haven’t checked the new line of aqua vu’s 720p cameras I suggest you do! I’m a diehard Marcum guy but these are far superior as far as I’m concerned. 3m anti glare for sunlight issues, HDMI to hook up to TV instead of rca cables, touch zoom, and the best part is you can use a ram mount and hook it up next to your locator in the boat for year round use. The clarity if phenomenal! I will be getting one by spring but they aren’t cheap!

Andrew Pansch

I heard that the aqua vu hdmi is just for recording out not tv.

buddah6

It had HDMI video output meaning you just need a HDMI cable for a TV..

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20180206-200101.png

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.