Anyone used one of these Shacks. Looks pretty slick

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

If you wanted to advertise, why not buy an ad?

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Way too small on the inside, looks heavy, and uncomfortable to use. Does that window just have some silicone holding it in place?
    I have seen something like it but with a canvas shell that pops out. Way more room and you can sit on the ice instead of jumping down every time you catch a fish. Also you could fill the inside of the “topper” since it didn’t slide out.

carver
    West Metro

I would say since their “launching in fall 2018” no one has used this.

Charles

Actually pretty neat idea lol.

Cameron white

This is kinda funny. We laughed at this. Sitting on a lake, in our northern temps, in an uninsulated aluminum heat sink? Lol, no thanks.

Bigwalleye30
    MN

I think I’d look at some of the other options out there before this. You lose the bed space on the ranger, can’t imagine it being very warm and can’t be very cheap either. I’ve see a few people that make a flip over insulated shack for ranger/utv’s that I think would work better. But I will say things like this are good to see, shows people are trying to find ways to further improve ice fishing!

SW Eyes

Something made of metal, with many very tight fitting/hinging/sliding parts, in below zero temperatures on a frozen lake….what could go wrong?

munchy
    NULL

Neat idea, but I think I’d prefer it to be made out of rotomolded plastic rather than aluminum. If you dent plastic it pretty much bounces back. Dent that thing I can see the slide outs getting tweaked. Plastic would also be a bit warmer.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I trippledog dare you to lick it.

Fishtrekker
    Land of 10,000 Lakes

They released a $7500 price tag on Wednesday….

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I trippledog dare you to lick it.

rotflol

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

If you can afford the $40,000 for the vehicle it sits in then what’s another $7,500 cool

rubberduck
    east bethel

Looks ridiculous imo.

Xbomber8X
    Sartell, MN

Pffft!! Garbage, and the price is laughably ridiculous

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I’m impressed with the work they have put into designing and fabricating this unit. Can’t be cheap to make. But small market and the other disadvantages have already been stated.
    For those that have condisending remarks have you ever tried to take an idea to market? I give an “A” for there efforts, unfortunately probably won’t take off.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

For those that have condisending remarks have you ever tried to take an idea to market? I give an “A” for there efforts, unfortunately probably won’t take off.

No worse than the remarks entrepreneurs receive on Shark Tank. I wonder if they did any real world prototyping with actual potential customers. Like drive it out onto the ice and let somebody fish in it for the day in exchange for feedback. As presented, the feedback they are getting, is from folks who have not used the product.
    I would give them a “D” in research and marketing. I’m not sure I’d give them a much higher grade in engineering. Maybe an “A” in optimism.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Oh this is a real product? I thought I was watching a Saturday Night Live skit.

sheppy

I’m impressed with the work they have put into designing and fabricating this unit. Can’t be cheap to make. But small market and the other disadvantages have already been stated.

Well said!

queenswake
    NULL

I do like the ingenuity of what we’ve seen come out of the ice fishing market in the last 15 years. Just when you think you’ve seen it all, there is something else that comes out. I think half the fun of ice fishing is just seeing all of the new gear that comes out every year. I give them props, but yeah, small market.

saugeye-steve

The construction of the product appears to be phenomenal.
    The idea and lay-out are terrible.
    When envisioning a product it needs to appeal to the masses not just those of us that have won the Power ball.
    Think of the Pet rock, it costs pennies to make and sold millions.
    While watching the video I saw no room for flashers,heater,lunch,tackle etc.
    If your flasher was on the ground/ice you would not be able to see or utilize it.
    Good luck.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Just because someone had an idea and went with it to fabrication still don’t make it a good idea.

Pray everytime you go out to not get some hail….

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.