Anyone try Raw Perch Eggs Yet?

• Birch Glen

Myself and a guest tried the Perch Eggs right on the Fillet Table earlier. Not too shabby.

We had a 2 pound 8 ounce Perch caught earlier today too. I’ll post a pic in a bit.

Raw Perch Eggs. It’s whats for dinner.

Dave maze
    Isanti

I salted some a few years back. I’ll put them in the “meh” category. I’ll stick with eating the meat. Eating them raw is great way to get worms tho.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

The only things I like raw are veggies and fruit.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Get ready for it…..

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

“Before 2014, the state record had stood for 38 years, but it has been topped at least four times in the last two years by perch caught in Lake Cascade.”

The reservoir was overhauled in the early 2000s. Fish and Game crews removed tons of unwanted fish, mostly northern pikeminnows, and transplanted 850,000 adult perch.

“Those transplants sparked a perch revival that produced billions of young perch, which not only recovered the perch population, but also provided a flourishing food base for other game fish in the reservoir,” Phillips said.

A fall 2015 fisheries survey found 27 percent of the perch were longer than 12 inches and 8 percent were more than 14 inches.

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/outdoors/2016/mar/01/another-idaho-record-perch-caught-lake-cascade/

Holy crapoly, that is quite the resource you guys have out there. And at 28000 acres, that might last awhile toast

Another article states that a slight decline in smaller perch was in last assessment, so taking out larger perch will help in that bc they are a big predator of the smaller.

Catch mammoth perch, oh and I should keep some of em to eat to help out the system….. talk about having your cake and eat it to. Sweet. toast

Birch Glen

Spoke to a biologist up here the other day and he reccomended that we keep the bigger perch too. FYI, most of the big Perch that we catch have been gorging themselves on the smaller Perch. They have bellies full of them.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

No.

404 ERROR
    MN

I pan fry mine, they’re actually really good. Raw? I’ll pass…

catmando
    wis

Ate a live minnow once, there is not enough whiskey for that! jester

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

and Perch eggs.

Attachments:
    1. oyster.jpg

huskerdu

NO, that’s sound as good as drinking deer blood !

Jeff Telander

I ate some right off of the filet table one time when we were at devils lake. Not much taste and left a chalky feel in my mouth. I’d have to be pretty drunk to try it again. ( that’s not saying it won’t happen!) toast

Birch Glen

Exactly, Not much taste and left a weird feeling in my mouth. I think they would be good smoked…These were on the fillet table as well…hahaha

Alagnak Pete
    Lakeville

Just because you can put something in your mouth doesn’t mean you should! hahaha
    With that said, I eat raw salmon eggs off the fillet table here and there but these little orange local ones aren’t as good. My grandma use to ask me to keep the eggs sacs out of all my pike in the winter and enjoyed them fried.

Birch Glen

lol…I was going to say something about smoking them in a pipe.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Ate a live minnow once, there is not enough whiskey for that! jester

Or was it too much whiskey that let you put the minnow down the hatch?

catmando
    wis

Well ,Tom of course there was, but I do have standards, raw fish egg’s and whole tomatoes, that’s were I draw the line. rotflol

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.