Anyone still fishing?

• Reef W

Try this

Attachments:
    1. 0u1siigk9ywb1.jpg

CBMN
    North Metro

I am going to be out in a boat this weekend. Note sure where yet but likely the Mississippi river or Big Winnie.

Buffalo Fishhead

We, two friends and I, went yesterday and put 11 walleye in the box. They ranged from 15 to almost 23 inches. We caught and released 6 walleye that were under 15 inches and lost maybe 5 or 6 at the boat, so it was a great day of fishing.

This was not in Minnesota, however.

Buffalo Fishhead

tim hurley

Great time to catch walters-wish I knew how.
    Will actually bass fish tomorrow-can be tough in Nov. I’ll report if I get some-nothing means nothing!

broeker
    Minneapolis, MN

I was out today for three hours on a metro lake looking for bass and was skunked for the first time this year. Tried ned rigs, suspending jerk bait, and a drop shot. Not even in a nibble.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Fished for an hour and a half last night from shore on the SW side of Mille Lacs. I got two eyes that were just short of 20″. Definitely thinking about putting the boat back in the water on Wednesday if it doesn’t rain in the afternoon. First time, that the weather has improved after I pulled my boat from the lake.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Wait all year for the October 28 full moon. Wind killed that plan. Fished Otter Tail Friday night. Water was 42, and fishing was dead, just a little one. Dang. Might fish a couple early ice spots and see if they are set up there.

Deuces

Fish still biting woot

One fish had some really fun coloring

Attachments:
    1. 20231105_165426-scaled.jpg

2. 20231105_163702-scaled.jpg

3. 20231105_163330-scaled.jpg

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Got my PB today. 27 1/8″

Attachments:
    1. image0000013.jpg

Charles

Fishing still good in the Brainerd lakes area. The coldest water I found was 43 and the deep weeds are still nice and green. However that will be changing soon lol.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I thought there was a tourney near the Dam on pool 4 Saturday!

I was anchored below the first wing dam going up stream. The “group” was at the dam of course but I saw plenty of keepers caught in the sparsely fished area near me.

Special thanks to Eric…and he didn’t even want a can of Hamm’s!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1759-scaled.jpeg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Looking at the forecast for the next 10 or so days in my area, I think I’ll most likely get out fishing a few more times. My fishing Buddy is on a out of town vacation till Tues. My guess is after he gets back, he will want to get right back out fishing. I kind of thought my open water season may have been over, But thanks to mother nature I think I get a few more outings for sure.

shockers
    Rochester

BK! Was that you by the dam yesterday (Sunday), I was gonna swing by and ask for a Hamms, but was busy catching tiny fish and when I looked up you’d bailed. Next time.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

One fish had some really fun coloring

I’d say so. That sure is a odd pattern. By the way, I really like your Pink Flower chair waytogo

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

BK! Was that you by the dam yesterday (Sunday), I was gonna swing by and ask for a Hamms, but was busy catching tiny fish and when I looked up you’d bailed. Next time.

Who else would anchor up there in a boat like that with all the wakes and such?!

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Did well on Petenwell Saturday and Sunday morning. Nice to see a few northerns coming out of Pete, we got 3 over the weekend jigging for walleyes and with the amount of small walleyes, the lake looks good going forward. more perch than expected so that was a nice bonus. Hitting Lake Wisconsin this weekend

Deuces

Heck of a fish crappie, nothing like pulling in those fish at night seeing the initial sight below the boat to get your adrenaline really going toast she’s a fatty!! toast

River mix at vados was good $hit for us today, absolutely fire in our spots. Wind was brutal, bait prices also brutal, livebait definitely hauled butt over plastics today and i eventually switched over doah

Pool 2 will be up next then Croix sturg is still on the to do list. This mild weather can hold out another month afaic

BrianF

Ran across a mega school of crappie this weekend containing numbers of fish we’ve never seen before. FFS haters should look away, but here is a screen shot of what you’d see all around the boat at that moment. What looks like thick weeds are actually hundreds of 11″ to 14″ crappie. We caught them virtually every cast until we were tired of catching them…and released every single one. It was a crappie fisherman’s dream come true.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2295.jpeg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Ran across a mega school of crappie this weekend containing numbers of fish we’ve never seen before

The last few outings we also have been running into some Massive schools of panfish. Both Sunfish and Crappies, Often mixed together. Seems like they really stack up in BIG schools this time of the year. Easy fishing to say the least.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Haven’t been out since early Oct., but finally will be giving it a try tomorrow afternoon for a couple hours. Eyes and crappies will be the target. Will report back on how it goes.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We have found them schools of crappies as well. This was 2 weeks ago.

Attachments:
    1. 20231007_080227-scaled.jpg

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Made it out late yesterday. 46deg water temp. Cold front hit hard while we were out there with winds going from about 5-10 when we started, to 15-20 before sundown. Found crappies and only put 1 in the boat with a few misses. Also caught 1 nice smallie and a 12″ eye. All fish were tight to the bottom in 13-16fow. Plan to give it another try next week with steadier mild temps.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I fished Mille Lacs for a couple of hours last night. Had something on briefly that didn’t hook up right away. Then it took over an hour for me to get bit again. A 18″ eye that hit a suspending jerkbait. I ended the night after I caught a 27″ pike on a X-Rap Shad Shallow about a quarter after 10 PM.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I got out yesterday afternoon and evening for a few Hours as well. Like Joe it started out with nice weather and a light wind, By the end it was downright cold and really windy. The walleyes did not cooperate, But the bass and bigger pike bite was rather good. All on Jerkbaits. Have current plans to fish hard on Fri, and Sat. Got a hot tip on a Hot nice crappie bite. Hopefully after a nice limit of those we can get the walleyes fired back up, as well as catch a few more nice Bass and Pike. Not sure how many more open water outing have left. Got to fish when I can now.

Jimmy Jones

Backwater crappies were hitting well early this morning. By 8:30 the bite was over. Jigs/plastics, vibe baits. Large fish that a week ago.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Hitting Lake Wisconsin for the next few days for some walleyes/sauger with a shot at bonus crappies or perch mixed in. Its gonna be a while before there is ice down here.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Got back out this afternoon. Plan was to try and get back to catching a few walleye. Hit several of our best spots and realized the walleye bite is still off. Decided to fish a spot we had caught some crappies at a week or so ago. There was another fishermen anchored on the spot so we decided to load up and head to a different lake close by that we have had some success for crappies in the past in late fall. Was able to locate a few nice schools of fish rather quickly but took a little bite to figure out how to get them to bite. Once we figured it out we put 16 nice crappies in the live well in Rather short time and probably tossed back another 10-12. These crappies were deeper than we were fishing at the previous lake. I think this was one of the few times some crappie minnows would have really helped. Ended up getting them without but the bite was rather tough. Not really sure what has happened to our walleye bite. Kind of thought it would only get better as the water temps dropped, but instead the bite died. Going to back out after them in the morning. May get some more crappies then see if we can figure out how to get the walleyes to bite.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2445.jpeg

B-man

Deer hunted this morning then took the critters out with a buddy and his daughter grin

Our one and only walleye ripped a gill and was bleeding, we kept it for dinner.

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20231111_205614554-scaled.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.