Anyone in the metro used or own a Ultraskiff Round Boat?

• Chad N

Seen these on-line and know there is one dealer in MN. Wondering if anyone has info or own a Ultraskiff round boat. Looking at purchasing one and wonder how people like it.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Those things look cool as heck!! I need one yay

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hot tip! Save your money and build your own!

I think for the money I’d prefer a Kayak.

Yeah I know, “who asked me”.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Hot tip! Save your money and build your own!

I think for the money I’d prefer a Kayak.

Yeah I know, “who asked me”.

I don’t know… try standing up in a kayak, or try leaning on the edge of that tube. The things look pretty stable to me.

I think it would be great for one man and a dog duck hunting.

Drop into that little hole in the wall lake and fish gills, bass, crappies….

Heck, bring it to the boundary waters and roll it over the portages…well, that might be a stretch coffee

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

There are some kayaks you can stand on, but they won’t be as stable as the Ultraskiff. It’s a lot easier to store and access things on the skiff I imagine too.

I wonder how long a charge lasts on the battery though. The thing does not look hydrodynamic and I wouldn’t want to paddle that thing around.

But yeah, based on it being a mobile casting platform, that thing is intriguing. Certainly better than casting form a yak.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Looks really interesting.

badgerbacker

A buddy won one, he likes it ok, but it it very hard to stay in position. It spins around quite a bit, every fish spins it and even retrieving crankbaits will pull it to the side.

badgerbacker

A buddy won one, he likes it ok, but it it very hard to stay in position. It spins around quite a bit, every fish spins it and even retrieving crankbaits will pull it to the side. Kinda heavy also.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

A buddy won one, he likes it ok, but it it very hard to stay in position. It spins around quite a bit, every fish spins it and even retrieving crankbaits will pull it to the side. Kinda heavy also.

He should instal a power pole. )

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Sounds like you need to add a rudder to the back.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I was looking at pictures and say someone shooting off of one. With the way you say it moves, it sounds like you will only have one shot before you would start spinning.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.