Anybody like Meat Loaf?

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

He lived a heck of a life. I always been a meatloaf fan

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

He did a couple of songs I liked. Louie Anderson also passed away. He was a funny guy from Minnesota.

AnotherFisherman

I vaguely remember a thread in here not too long ago about playing Meat Loaf on the jukeboxes to annoy the bartender/owner after a bad experience. Gave me a good chuckle

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Louie Anderson was my moms ex-boyfriends uncle. He would tell us stories about Louie growing up. My moms old boyfriend grew up in Connecticut not far from NYC. He said Louie used to take him into the city when he was younger and ride the subway with him and then ditch him just to see how well he would handle things on his own. Retelling it, it doesnt sound that funny now but it was a light hearted story at the time. Louie helped us out during some rough financial times here and there too back in the day.

That whole family is nuts! A lot of Louie’s comedy is just him telling stories about his family. When we would visit them they would sit up in the kitchen drinking coffee and chain smoking until 6 in the morning like it was just normal. Talking about the most bananas stories and ideas.

Not a fan of Meatloafs music but i dont know much about the life he led. Im sure he was an interesting guy. May he rest in peace

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Meat’s Bat out of Hell is still in the top 10 best selling albums of all time.

Loved…er Love his music!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Now Louie Anderson. Terrible day.

Gregg Gunter

I thought this was a “What’s For Supper?” kind of question! Yeah, Meatloaf had it going. Still like his stuff.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Listen to Meat Loaf’s greatest hits driving on fishing/hunting trips. Great songs.

My brother used to take the cover charge at Mickey Finn’s in Mpls which was where a lot of local comedians started out. Louis was going to Univ of North Dakota to do a one nighter and wanted someone to ride along. My brother did it. Louis picked him up at my parent’s house so I met him. This was around 1979.

AK Guy

Meat Loaf’s music wasn’t my cup of tea, but I admired his success.

Louie was a funny guy. His stories growing up were priceless.

stevenoak

I had a cousin that looked just like Meatloaf. Think Meatloaf lived a calmer, healthier lifestyle.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

He put on a heck of a show…. Saw him in concert twice and it was great. Just went back and spent an hour on you tube and enjoying some memories from the past

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

RIP Louie and Meat.
    I liked Louies comedy and liked some of Meatloaf’s stuff.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.