Any recent bite reports?

• Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Long-standing guy’s trip planned for this upcoming weekend 1/25-27 and based on some of the URL reports I’m reading on FB (yuck) it seems the bite has been pretty tough. Debating on making the 5hr drive to URL or calling an audible and picking a different lake. Just trying to avoid 10hrs in the car to spend more time watching the tv than rippin lips.

TIA.

link!

Was on Red this weekend Friday night-Monday with a group of 4. High pressure and weather to -30 made it quite challenging. We caught a few on Friday evening and Saturday morning. Bite was slow and slowed down more after that. Our best bite was in about 9-10′ of water on the south shore. Dead sticks w/ plain hooks caught everything with nothing jigging. Ended up with 9 fish, 4 of which were perch. The walleyes were all very healthy nice fish. Tough bite but given the weather we weren’t surprised. Still had a good time.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Appreciate the report, Link! I was on Mille Lacs last weekend and the frigid cold front wasn’t helping on that lake either. Best fish and most activity came between 5pm and 3am on rattle wheels. Only two fish caught jigging during the evening and morning feeding windows.

Made it difficult to keep the kids interested but such is fishing.

I’m wondering… now that we’ve remained in this cold front for a while and seems it will stay consistent through the weekend, will the fish adjust and start becoming more active again or are we just just entering the mid-winter doldrums?

patk
    Nisswa, MN

The walleyes were all very healthy nice fish. Tough bite but given the weather we weren’t surprised. Still had a good time.

Had an audible and changed to Red on Saturday through Monday morning. Very similar story for us. Slow but the ones we did get were healthy. 4 guys, 7 total all on set lines.

Used Up North rentals for the first time. They were really nice people.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Seems to be what I’ve been hearing from multiple sources. I think today the group decided we’re just going to hit ML again and try a different part of the lake. Possibly try and get out to some areas that haven’t been as heavily pressured. Hopefully, the weather cooperates a bit.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Head south west and try to get away from the cold front.

link!

We were with Up North Friday and Saturday night and JRs. On Sunday night. Very happy with both outfitters! Tough to fight the weather. Walleyes were caught with Up North and perch with JRs. South shore with Up North and out near Center Bar with JRs. Guide with JRs. said everyone around us was slow Sunday into Monday a.m. No fish over night on rattle reels in either house with either outfitter.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.