Any good Walleye recipes?

• YoungGunz2
    Maple Grove MN

Just last weekend I caught two walleyes that were absolute hogs and I am looking for a new way to prepare them, any ideas?

rayc
    ontario, canada, sault ste. marie

Go to members recipes on this forum, tons of good recipes. If none there that interest you do a google search for them.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

absolute hogs and I am looking for a new way

I’m assuming most people release the “hogs” for another day, maybe some Erie guys will tell what to do with thick fillets. Personally I’d cut the tail section, then butterfly the mid to keep er crispy without burning.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I think he’s talking about the cheeks. No one keeps hogs. ;)

Ok, catch and release big fish aside, larger fish including (cough) walleyes are good (better) grilled or baked. There are a number of recipes it the recipe forum or as Nick said, slice and dice to pan fry or deep fry.

We grilled my first “big” walleye. Kept it whole and grilled it.

Awesome with a hint of smoke flavor.

One tip. Scale a fish before you toss it on the grill. Trust me on this. coffee

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I was up on LOW a couple years ago listening (eves dropping) to a couple old timers talking about cooking up big walleyes.
    They said they cut the big filets into fish stick size steaks and then fry em.

dld24

Mix parmesan cheese, mayo, garlic lemon pepper, and dill in a dish..
    Broil them for a couple mins (longer if the fillet is thick) on each side then add the stuff from the dish and broil it a couple minutes…I can’t remember the exact amounts, I dont have the recipe with me…Thats my favorite way to eat fish…

YoungGunz2
    Maple Grove MN

Sounds great! I’ll have to try it out, thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.