Any 2017 MX model information from the dealer meeting?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I’ve seen on other sites the 2017 Skeeter Dealer Meeting info was posted for the bassboats, but nothing on the MX lineup. Any worthwhile changes?

Dean did you make the trip? )

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Yes Joe they did have a dealer meeting for bass and bayboat dealers only recently. For the first time ever, Skeeter will be having a Northern dealer meeting just for the upper Midwest on August 24th & 25 th !

As always, I will post accordingly!

clawman
    Spokane Wa

I like the side storage of my 1825. As you know Ranger does storage a little different with the larger boxes toward the rear, Lund now uses a similar design but it is removable. I hear guys complain about those boxes getting in the way and that is correct you have to kind of work around them. Would it be a workable design to make the gunnels wider so bigger boxes would fit in the same area as Skeeter now uses?As I said I like the current design but need more storage.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I haven’t tried it yet, but can’t you just turn the 3700 size boxes on their side and stack them vertically in the gunnel storage? I use the smaller 3600 boxes stacked horizontally, can get just a ton of them in there…

clawman
    Spokane Wa

No I don’t see how you could stand 3700’s up in the side and then could not see the sides of the boxes but if the gunnel was just a little wider you could use 3700’s where we now use 3600. Another thing that seems like boat makers do because that is everyone has always done is to hang wiring and cables from the bottoms of the gunnel. Why not run that cable and wiring at the bottom where the floor meets the side of the boat. Make those side compartments taller and get those cables down in the wasted space. Any reason that would not work?

hunterjoe
    Twin Cities

Probably want the wires as dry as possible so they’re up top. Put them in the bottom and you may run into water issues. That’s my guess.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I can store 24-3600 boxes between the starboard side storage and the tackle storage under the jump seats. In the bottom of the starboard storage many times I put 3700 boxes in there or the 2 of the smaller depth plano crank caddy and a 3600 in front of it. Then there is the bow 3600 storage for 4 boxes.

I personally always have a tackle bag with my rigging components, line, weights etc. Put it up by the dash when fishing and never in the way. The shelves under the dash are also great for bigger tackle storage like a BB Bait box. I guess personally I don’t see any need for more tackle storage. If I possibly came close to going threw all my tackle I carry in a day I sure didn’t have my line in the water very much lol.

Also a wider gunnel also means less cockpit space. You make them 2″ wider on each side and you will really feel the difference for space.

Phil Ames

I run the big brother to the WX1910, the WX2060. I am ecstatic about the amount of tackle storage I have. The rod holster lets me carry extra spinning/baitcasting setups that previously had to leave at the dock or leave out on the deck. The other side, I keep 8 offshore planer boards, plus small box of pinch pads and stuff for the planers. On the bottom, I put all my trolling weights, bottom bouncers, dipsies, and jets. I am with Corey, you make the the gunnels another 2″ wider and you will really feel pinch in the cockpit area.

clawman
    Spokane Wa

If you have enough storage you need more tackle! haha
    I don’t feel a couple of inches alone the entire area would be as restrictive as the Ranger or Lund boxes sitting in the rear. They protrude in to the cockpit area almost 1 ft.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

If you don’t have enough room you are carrying to much tackle haha. Like I don’t carry all my jigs and cranks if I know I wont be using them. Lund and Ranger gunnels are also not very wide. That’s why they have no side rod storage.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

In the 1825 you can remove them storage compartments in the back and some guys have made tackle trays.

clawman
    Spokane Wa

Those rear compartments are where I store rod holders, waterproof tool box, drift sock, bumpers, etc. Where do you store those type items?

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I store my rod holders either in one of the rear tackle compartments or in the side storage. I carry my tool bag in the bow of the boat, along with 2 drift socks, throwable, 3-4 lifejackets, rain gear bag, crank bait boxes(bigger ones), kicker handle extention, paddle, fire ext… I don’t carry bumpers unless I am going out for a pleasure day and tying up to people. I have a noodle box with 12 noodles in it that fits under my dash, all my jig raps and cranks in the side storage. Then my tackle bag has everything I need if I need to tie up a rig. 4-3700 boxes in the bag(boobers, hooks, beads/swivels, blades)

I cant remember if the mx has a board in the bow port side storage? I remove mine and gain almost 6″ of space. I don’t have any rod that goes past the counsel into the bow storage area anyways.

FryDog62

I’m dreaming of a 618VS version of the MX, or Skeeter version of the X-190… Either a re-do of the current MX1825, or a separate model.

JoeMX1825
    MN

for the MX1825 owners (possibly the MX2025 owners too?) you can remove the board in the port bow storage locker that holds the light poles and then re-install the light pole holders under the door using the same rubber grips, this will get you alot more room for storage in that locker. You will have to remove the full door hinge to get access to the final 2 screws holding the board in place before you can rmeove it…

took me all of 5 minutes to increase my MX1825 storage capacity!

kroger3
    blaine mn

for the MX1825 owners (possibly the MX2025 owners too?) you can remove the board in the port bow storage locker that holds the light poles and then re-install the light pole holders under the door using the same rubber grips, this will get you alot more room for storage in that locker. You will have to remove the full door hinge to get access to the final 2 screws holding the board in place before you can rmeove it…

Just be careful if you stow rods in the side rod storage. Long rods extend up into bow compartment which is the purpose of that board. Things can also bounce down along side of console and never to be seen again. I removed it on my 2025 and kept soft items in that side of bow.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Like I said I don’t have any rods stick up into the bow as my longest is a 9’6″ is telescoping. Here is a pic of how I mounted the lights

Attachments:
    1. 5.jpg

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Just be careful if you stow rods in the side rod storage. Long rods extend up into bow compartment which is the purpose of that board. Things can also bounce down along side of console and never to be seen again. I removed it on my 2025 and kept soft items in that side of bow.

Yes, those with shark rods need to be careful. Removing the board made a big difference for me in making that locker more usable..

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.