Another Propane Thread

• Dan
    Southeast MN

Everyone starting to get their letters for the next year? After 1.79 last winter it bumped up to 2.44 for next winter, plus my $60 fee for the privilege of using them or something. Called once just to get more info and they said that their profit margin was pretty low last year because 1.79 ended up being a pretty good deal for customers so they had to increase this year. I called back today and said I was looking at another company and explained their rates, she said she could do 2.34 and cut my fee in half to $60.

I understand prices of everything are going up, especially any form of energy. Just curious what anyone else is looking at. I’m in southeast MN and use Ferrellgas.

jetdriver
    Hudson WI

I just mailed my check last week. $2.15 a gallon in the Baldwin WI area.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

We get propane from the cenex in deer river for the cabin and they sent us a letter saying they won’t be doing the summer special due to alot of what Dan said, and that with demands after the winter we just had. I don’t recall the price.

I also remember you can’t let your tank get to low or they have to calibrate/ reverify?? The tank. And they want it below 40% for the volume to make the fill worthwhile.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

$6O Fee?
    Yeah, I told Ferrell to go pound sand. I switched to lakes, they didn’t charge a fee and their gas was cheaper.

tipupdown

I use a local Cenex Cooperative in SW MN… $50 yearly tank fee and just summer filled my tank for $1.95 a gallon fyi…

Red Eye

$6O Fee?
    Yeah, I told Ferrell to go pound sand. I switched to lakes, they didn’t charge a fee and their gas was cheaper.

Ferrel did the same to us after we installed our wood boiler. Except it jumped to $90/yr lease charge on the tank cause our usage went down. I used up what I had left then bought my own upright 180gal tank. Should last us 3-4 yrs with only burning in fall and spring.

MX1825

At our cabin in Adams County we pay a $50 tank rental fee. We winterize the cabin so we don’t use much propane running it just spring and fall. They will waive the fee if you use enough propane.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.