Another gas post

• Greg Krull
    South Metro / Pool 4

Does anyone pay as close of attention to their gas mileage as I do to see that they must have switched to the summer blend gas at the stations a few weeks back?

I’ve noticed that I went from a 17.7 mpg average to around 19.3 in the last couple weeks.

It doesn’t offset the increase in price, but it helps.

Now I don’t have to cancel my summer trips, or buy a commuter car. )

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Refineries must make the switch by May 1, by federal mandate.

Its not something that just happens overnight across the country. It usually takes a few weeks to do because they also often do some routine maintenance on equipment. I would be surprised if any refineries have already switched to their summer blend already.

Reef W

Does the blend itself make that much difference or is it just the temperatures being warmer that make most of the difference? In my hybrid car I’m lucky to get 40mpg in the winter just because of how much the engine runs I assume. Lately I’ve been around 47 and it will go back to 52-55mpg in the summer depending on how I drive. In my truck I don’t really notice much of a difference, maybe 1mpg, and it’s hard to account for all the warm-up idling it does in the winter.

Greg Krull
    South Metro / Pool 4

There are a few more factors I’m sure.

I don’t go out of my way to save my gas mileage, but I do keep the screen up when I’m driving and probably somewhat subconsciously mess around keeping it above the green bar when I can.

I’ve also essentially done the same commute for the past 20 years and figured out over those many trips that it’s either down hill to work from my house, or I’m just in a bigger hurry to get home than I am to get to work. lol.

Gopherhawk

My 3.0L Duramax gets 2-3 mpg more when the temps are warmer, probably a myriad of factors that contribute though.

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

Nope. It is what it is and it is worse when i’m towing. That is all I need to know. It makes me depressed to track it, especially when prices are up.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

^^ This, to depressing to monitor with my truck.

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

About sums it up…

Attachments:
    1. gas.jpg

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.