Annual State Fair thread

• Hoyt4
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>John Rasmussen wrote:</div>
    Heard the wind knocked over the porta potties. Bet that was a fun clean up job

Lol where’s the puke emoji. Yuck!

Yeah and the corn booth staff was diving and belly flopping in the water. Nasty

JEREMY
    BP

Same hands peeling you 8 dollar cob of corn today

OG Net_Man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Chad wrote:</div>
    I’m sure Walz fudged that ranking like he fudged his military career.

Speaking of Walz – There were a ton of people carrying – NEVER WALZ hand fans all around the state fair. The year prior they were F- Walz ones.

I am not sure why anyone would dislike Walz with his mid-western values. He is also a sportsman just like the bulk of us on this site. He is a hunter and a fisherman……. crazy

mojogunter

Your grand wizard hood is showing.

I seen that on the news this morning what I also seen was the weather wrecked alot of stuff at the “black state fair” I didnt even know there was such a thing. Does that mean white people cant go? What would happen if there was white state fair? Burn baby burn.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Yesterday was the lowest daily attendance there in 40 years.

And Sunday was the lowest attendance for a weekend day in 40 years.

All this after the first day, which set an attendance record for the first day.

big_g
    Isle, MN

If I die with corn cob money in my pocket.. so be it…. tongue smirk jester

BigWerm
    SW Metro

its the fact its in season now.. I have it fresh every weekend !!

Fire roasted and dipped in a vat of butter? State Fair Corn is awesome and worth the cost imo. And not very filling so I can still have all the other things too. I’m with you on the French Fries though. Warm Sweet Martha’s and all you can drink milk is elite and I’ll die on that hill. rotflol rotflol chased rotflol

Cody Meyers

We’ve been at the fair all afternoon and it’s been great. Great weather today, crowd has been moderate, and we’ve found great live music in several places. Having a cold beer, eating some food that I won’t make at home, and listening to country music is a tough day to beat in my opinion.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Went for about 5 hours today. Very comfortable weather.

Dropped about 70 bucks just on food. Ugh I could barely walk outta there.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Went for about 5 hours today. Very comfortable weather.

Dropped about 70 bucks just on food. Ugh I could barely walk outta there.

doah you Fed employees sure got it made!!!!!!! whistling rotflol

glenn57
    cold spring mn

oh darn………looks like i’ll miss another state fair!!!!!! doah jester

took a cruise around the lakes listening to KQRS……they said it was shoulder to shoulder people!!!! coffee figured it break all kinds of attendence records!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Sunday, August 31 broke a single day attendance record of 256,113.

The numbers aren’t available for Labor Day yet but even if its high, the total won’t come close. There were several days when attendance was way down this year because of humidity and storms.

JoeMX1825
    MN

They just announced the 12 day attendance total for 2024 was 1,925,904….the all-time record is 2,126,551 back in 2019… I’m sure we would have easily broke that if we didn’t have the storms and extreme humidity those 2 days…

I heard a discussion on the radio about possibly adding 2 days to the start of the fair and make in an even 2 weeks…I’m all for it…We typically go twice but covid knocked us out for the first week…we attended the final Friday and even with the record 225k crowd, it never felt overwhelmingly busy, just gotta find your space…The line for Pickle Pizza was only 10 deep, so we finally got to try it out, the line for those special donuts was ridiculous, maybe we’ll try those next year….

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Sunday, August 31 broke a single day attendance record of 256,113.

That is WILD, I was there a few years ago when they broke that days record and it was in the high 100k range and it was ridiculous imo. I can’t imagine 75k-ish more people. Do they post overall attendance charts or anything similar over time? It would be interesting to see how much attendance has continued to increase over time.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This shows a breakdown but only of recent years (2022 – 2024).

https://www.mnstatefair.org/about-the-fair/attendance/

The all time attendance record I just posted above was not this past Sunday. I read that incorrectly. It was an attendance record just for that specific day, and the most for any day this year. The all time single day attendance record was in 2018, when it was 270,426.

You can see from that chart there were 3 days when attendance really suffered because of the weather. Sun, Aug 25 (very humid), Mon, Aug 26 (even more humid), and Thurs, Aug 29 (afternoon storms) were all well below the average attendance for those specific days.

JoeMX1825
    MN

lol – Hockey Hair at the State Fair!

Viewing 16 posts - 91 through 106 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.