Annual State Fair thread

• crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I guess that’s why you go to the county fair instead. Less of the Minneapolis/St. Paul trash.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Gonna be a scorcher the next couple days. Nasty humidity, warm temps, and a mass of sweaty humanity. smash

They set an attendance record the first day. Over 138,000, even with 2 hours of rain in the afternoon.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Going to be great weather this weekend at the fair coming up. Can’t wait head out Sunday evening.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Got out to the Fair on Sat. Got a late start after a late house party Fri. night. Didnt get to the fair till 11:30 and was back on the bus back to the parking lot by 6:30 so not a real long day out there. Just checked and the attendance was 184,564 which was more than the day we went out last year ( Highest day in 2023 ) For some reason it didn’t seem as busy as I remembered last year. It was warm but with a decent wind not to bad. ate a few of my normal favorites. The only new food I tried was some deep fried olives with peppadew ( I’d eat those again. They were yummy ) and tried the Nordic waffle, Actually tried all 3. One was a breakfast one with eggs and bacon. One was made with a smashed burger, and one was a desert one ( They gave us that one for free ) Really liked the burger one. Overall it was a fun outing. Did not see any trouble out there at all. Funny thing was we went to the closest park and ride thinking it was probably full and we would to work our way out a fair ways, but goy in the 1st lot. Only walked about 100 yards to the bus. Short 10 Minute drive and was at the fair, same when we were done. By far the easiest park and ride ever.

AnotherFisherman

Planning to go this Friday! Pronto Pup is the only must have on my list.

CaptainMusky

Planning to go this Friday! Pronto Pup is the only must have on my list.

Eat one for me! I love the danielsons and daughters onion rings and cheese curds too but that’s about it except for a shake from the dairy building.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sorry but, if you go to the State Fair and over pay to eat Corn on the Cob, French Fries or Chocolate Chip cookies… your weird. smirk

CaptainMusky

Dont get me started on those dang cookies!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Lol that bucket of cookies is probably just a bucket of melted cookie dough today in this heat. Nothing but a pile of goo.

BrianF

Sorry but, if you go to the State Fair and over pay to eat Corn on the Cob, French Fries or Chocolate Chip cookies… your weird. smirk

Going Friday. Those three items are on our ‘eat these’ list. I knew I was weird…

Hoyt4
    NULL

And will love eating those foods.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Sweet Martha’s cookies are only good right out of the oven. Take them home and the next day they taste like butt.

CaptainMusky

Just buy Nestle TollHouse cookies at the grocery store and save $15.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Eating sweet corn at the fair at 6X the cost of a fresh cob right out of the fields, reminds me of the time we went to Cozumel and my brother in law was with… he was beoching that the all inclusive resort food, wasn’t “real mexcian food”… one night we went to town and had reservations at an authentic Mexican Restaurant… and he ordered a Club Sandwich. crazy doah jester

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Going Friday. Those three items are on our ‘eat these’ list. I knew I was weird…

add me to the weird club as well.

dbright
    Cambridge

I finally caved a bought some food Saturday. The giant eggroll on a stick was my kind of eggroll.

dbright
    Cambridge

Sweet Martha’s cookies are only good right out of the oven. Take them home and the next day they taste like butt.

It’s crazy seeing the amount of groups walking out at the end of the night and everyone in the group has a bucket of cookies.

wkw

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wkw wrote:</div>
    Yep ! Back when Dick Trickle won it every year

Best name in sports!

Yup ! He’d fire up a ciggy on the caution laps !

Chad

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Pitter patter wrote:</div>
    Iowa state fair>Minnesota state fair

Not in most rankings. Minnesota is #1 and Iowa is only #4

I’m sure Walz fudged that ranking like he fudged his military career.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

dont disagree the food is high priced……but i dont go every year. and its food i dont eat here at home either,,,,,,,,

besides ya cant take it with ya!!!!!!! think fishthumper said not to long ago……..i aint ever seen a Brinks truck following a hearse before!!!!!! waytogo rotflol bow

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Can’t imagine there’s many people there this evening. Nasty humid with incoming storms.

dbright
    Cambridge

Can’t imagine there’s many people there this evening. Nasty humid with incoming storms.

We took a ride around the grounds about 9pm and the majority of stands were closed and most streets were pretty quiet.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Apparently there is a delayed opening there this morning because they’re cleaning up from the storm earlier this morning.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’m an obese slob with 7 kids in strollers, so I’ll be there in the mass of people during a weekday.
    Can’t wait.

Make sure you walk in formation so that you completely block an entire street. And stop at random intervals with no awareness of the people around you to pass the 5 gallon slop bucket of cookies amongst your group.

The only thing I ever enjoyed about the fair was the power equipment and trailer dealers. I never was a fan of any food, always ate at that church stand and had pretty ordinary stuff but at least the money served a higher purpose.

Even my kids thought the rides weren’t great. Except, bizarrely, they LOVED the last ride on earth that I would have expected. My 2 tech addicted, 21st century, electronic everything kids absolutely loved the…wait for it…giant slide.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Apparently there is a delayed opening there this morning because they’re cleaning up from the storm earlier this morning.

Heard the wind knocked over the porta potties. Bet that was a fun clean up job. shock

JEREMY
    BP

I seen that on the news this morning what I also seen was the weather wrecked alot of stuff at the “black state fair” I didnt even know there was such a thing. Does that mean white people cant go? What would happen if there was white state fair? Burn baby burn.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Heard the wind knocked over the porta potties. Bet that was a fun clean up job

Lol where’s the puke emoji. Yuck!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m sure Walz fudged that ranking like he fudged his military career.

Speaking of Walz – There were a ton of people carrying – NEVER WALZ hand fans all around the state fair. The year prior they were F- Walz ones.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.