Annual Fantasy Football Post

• big_g
    Isle, MN

I was ranked 7 out of 10 for the draft strength… I have beaten the #1 rated team already by 7 pts and still have Samuel going tonight. I like my team, even the bench is strong !

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

McCaffrey’s been declared OUT tonight.

That’s quite a surprise given that he said himself he was going to play. Musta had a set back in warmups.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

McCaffrey’s been declared OUT tonight.

That’s quite a surprise given that he said himself he was going to play. Musta had a set back in warmups.

Really exciting for those of us who have him…especially in an auction league… doah rotflol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The guy I was playing (my brother) has him and the match was basically a toss up going into last night’s game because I had Deebo.

Odds were 55-45 in favor of him until 6:05pm. Then it went in favor of me 99 to 1. grin

I thought it was a bit of a shocker they announced him out. He was technically listed as questionable because there wasn’t anything in the days leading up to the game that led me to think he wasn’t going to play at all. Jordan Mason looked pretty good as his sub.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I saw the postgame interview where Jordan Mason said he realized he may be starting on Friday morning. The 49ers’ roster is so much better than most teams’ that they can pick and choose how and when to use CMC. I’d be shocked if he’s getting a high volume of touches at all for the first portion of the season.

The #1 pick in fantasy football is the absolute last spot I’d like to pick. I love that our 16 team league (now expanded to 18) goes by inverse order of last year’s places. As the 3x defending champion I get to pick last which is way better than early in a big league with a snake draft.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The 49ers’ roster is so much better than most teams’ that they can pick and choose how and when to use CMC.

I agree. I can easily see the Niners playing the Chiefs in the Super Bowl again after their results in week 1.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Kyle Shanahan is the best offensive mind in football in my opinion. His ability to win in different ways using different pieces creatively all while NOT having a top 5 NFL QB is pretty impressive. (Reid is right there too, but having Mahomes is a different monster to consider)

However, if this 49ers roster ends up being disbanded due to the salary cap he** they are headed towards and Purdy getting paid……..and all that happens without ever winning a SB – it’s going to go down as an overall failure.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

His ability to win

Meh, I agree more with your second paragraph since he hasn’t won, and in fact has come up terribly short in the big game numerous occasions. Don’t forget he was also OC in 28-3 Superbowl Loss. He’s a very good coach and offensive coach, but he’s basically been Philadelphia Andy Reid thus far. And with an all time collection of talent, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

However, if this 49ers roster ends up being disbanded due to the salary cap he** they are headed towards and Purdy getting paid……..and all that happens without ever winning a SB – it’s going to go down as an overall failure.

Brittman

Plenty of excellent golfers won fewer majors and became less recognized because their primetime coincided with Tiger.

The Belichick-Brady and Mahomes-Reed dynasties have been pretty formidable.

The Vikings failure to win a Super Bowl … last three were against some pretty good teams in the 1970s

’74 Dolphins – Schula
    ’76 Steelers – Noll …. true Dynasty with 4 SB wins in the 1970s
    ’77 Raiders – Madden

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Jordan Mason, who knew?!? Gonna be RB1 thru 2 weeks.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think Barkley will be RB1 through week 2 against a paltry Atlanta secondary. He ripped through the Packers in week 1.

His points were more because of the 3 touchdowns he scored though. Mason did it with yardage.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Well for those of you who had the first overall pick, McCaffrey has now been placed on injured reserve. The earliest he can return is week 6 now.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Well for those of you who had the first overall pick, McCaffrey has now been placed on injured reserve. The earliest he can return is week 6 now.

Really fun stuff when no one had his injury as anything significant pre-draft, so a guy spends 40% of his budget on him. It’s me, I’m that guy. doah At least I got Jordan Mason (currently RB6 overall, with Saquon playing tonight), and I also have Achane so it’s all good. But still frustrating.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

You made the right move to pick up Mason. He was not drafted by the guy in my league who has McCaffrey, which is unfortunate.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

You made the right move to pick up Mason. He was not drafted by the guy in my league who has McCaffrey, which is unfortunate.

Well Eli Mitchell was the original handcuff, but they put him on IR at the end of the preseason and he’s out for the season.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I picked up Mason after week 1.. had a feeling. Had my line up set and Sunday about 11am, I see the “Smart Line up” feature… (sets to best predicted) and I hit the button to see what happens.. it benches Kamara and starts Mason… I left it !!! LOL LOL !!!! (still won by 7 going into tonight with Elliot still kicking)

Viewing 16 posts - 61 through 76 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.