Annual Fantasy Football Post

• Tlazer

I used to think that RB was the way to go early and often, but that has changed IMO the last few years. So many teams are going to RB by committee, so there are very few bell cow backs any more. I usually find those that fantasy teams that are winning usually comes from a mid to late round pick from an unknown player/rookie not from a 1st or second round draft choice. Last year whoever heard of Puka Nacua and a couple of years ago it was Amon Ra St. Brown. I agree on not taking a QB early since there is really no difference between QB 5-15 by the end of the year. The thing I like about fantasy football is gives some meaning to watch football when your team isn’t playing like on a Monday night, since you may have a player or two playing in those games. Gives a reason to watch the game and have some interest in the game.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

So many teams are going to RB by committee, so there are very few bell cow backs any more.

I agree. That’s kind of what puts McCaffrey into a class of his own. Dude almost never leaves the field.

I think Bijan Robinson in Atlanta will be in for a great season and Atlanta’s offense will be very dynamic. Both the head coach and the OC are on record stating that they want to use him in a “mccaffrey-type” role. They’ve had good positional players on offense recently, but only mediocre play at QB. That will change this season with Captain Kirk at the helm. I’d rank him 2 at RB behind CMac.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Alright I better start paying attention here… last night I was talked into joining a FF league with friends! I have no idea what I’m doing but I’ve downloaded the app and created my team. Hopefully I can parcipate and actually make some good decisions here once we do our draft thing! (I need to look up the right terminology at some point rotflol )

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Here’s my 10 Team Auction Draft results (I’ll leave the prices out so it doesn’t digress again):
    C Mac
    DJ Moore
    LaPorta
    Aaron Jones
    Pittman Jr
    Achane
    Nabers
    Steelers
    Purdy
    A Rodg
    Curtis Samuel
    Chandler & Eli Mitchell as handcuffs

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

OK all you FF experts. Our draft is Thursday. In a PPR scoring format, 10 team league with the 3rd pick who are you picking if the following are still available? CeeDee Lamb, Breece Hall, Bijan Robinson, and Amon-Ra St. Brown? With the 18th overall pick in the 2nd round who of these: Pacheco, Henry, Kamara, Harrison Jr, Adams? I really don’t want to mess up those 1st 2 picks. I’m sure I will manage to mess up somewhere along the way but hope to not do so in the 1st 2 rounds.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Here’s my 10 Team Auction Draft results (I’ll leave the prices out so it doesn’t digress again):
    C Mac
    DJ Moore
    LaPorta
    Aaron Jones
    Pittman Jr
    Achane
    Nabers
    Steelers
    Purdy
    A Rodg
    Curtis Samuel
    Chandler & Eli Mitchell as handcuffs

Not totally sure how Auction Drafts work. How much of a budget do you start with? I would think to get C Mac alone would cost you almost all your budget? The Auction Draft is interesting. I may have to look to join one of those next year.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I did one last year and we started with 200 bucks.

McCaffrey was the top pick last year and went for nearly 60. So ya, its definitely a different strategy than just the standard snake draft.

The computer will limit your bidding amount based on how many roster spots you still have left to fill and how much money you still have to spend once you get further along. I spent too much in the first half of the draft and got outbid for backups and bench players in the second half last year. Someone would outbid me by a dollar nearly every time.

ThunderLund78

Once you go to Auction style, you’ll never want to go back to snake. At least I never want to. The website or app makes it pretty fool-proof and if you’re unsure about it, jump into a random mock draft for a few rounds to get the feel for it.

For my neighborhood league we actually do a manual live auction and we don’t use a website for the draft itself, but use it to manage our teams after the draft. It’s really fun and it makes people show up.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Once you go to Auction style, you’ll never want to go back to snake. At least I never want to. The website or app makes it pretty fool-proof and if you’re unsure about it, jump into a random mock draft for a few rounds to get the feel for it.

For my neighborhood league we actually do a manual live auction and we don’t use a website for the draft itself, but use it to manage our teams after the draft. It’s really fun and it makes people show up.

100000% agreed. Auction is vastly superior imo, and I still do both due to one league not wanting to switch. But it’s fun to actually have control over who you get. There are always some steals at the end when everyone is out of money too, so a little discipline goes a long ways, but that also usually means missing out on the top guys. FWIW I think there were 8 guys that went for over $60 and probably 2 dozen that were over $40 (1/5th of $200 total budget)

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Once you go to Auction style, you’ll never want to go back to snake.

And yet that’s exactly what we did. Voted 7-3 in favor to go back to the snake. Auction lasted one season.

I was willing to try the auction again but I voted for snake.

big_g
    Isle, MN

ft.. I would take Lamb and Harrison Jr

BigWerm
    SW Metro

OK all you FF experts. Our draft is Thursday. In a PPR scoring format, 10 team league with the 3rd pick who are you picking if the following are still available? CeeDee Lamb, Breece Hall, Bijan Robinson, and Amon-Ra St. Brown? With the 18th overall pick in the 2nd round who of these: Pacheco, Henry, Kamara, Harrison Jr, Adams? I really don’t want to mess up those 1st 2 picks. I’m sure I will manage to mess up somewhere along the way but hope to not do so in the 1st 2 rounds.

I like St. Brown (super steady high floor), Bijan (highest ceiling imo) then Breece. And Henry, Harrison then Adams in the second bunch. I generally stay away from aging RB’s, but Henry seems like such a perfect fit in Baltimore. And I’m also not a fan of players who sit out the whole off/pre-season, get paid, and then come back like CeeDee. Plus I thought last year was a bit of an outlier for him in volume.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Well our draft is done. Not real happy with my team. Current rankings have me 6th out of 10 teams. mccaffrey went 1 and Robinson went 2. I really wanted Bijan at 3. I ended up taking Breece Hall. Got Harrison in 2nd round. He was the 10th Wr at that point. So my team is this:
    QB – Joe Burrow
    – Tua Tagavailoa
    RB – Breece Hall
    – Kenneth Walker
    – D’Andre Swift
    – James Conner
    – Tyler Allgeier – Maybe Bijan will get hurt
    WR – Marvin Harrison Jr.
    – Drake London
    – Brandon Aiyuk
    – Dionte Johnson
    – Jaxon Smith-Njigba
    TE – David Njoku
    K – Harrison Butker
    Def. – New Orleans Saints

As Expected QB’s Started going far Earlier than some here say to wait. Allen went as the 3rd pick in Round 4. By the end of Round 7 there had been 7 Taken. I managed to hold off till the 9 round before I took Burrows.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Allen went as the 3rd pick in Round 4. By the end of Round 7 there had been 7 Taken. I managed to hold off till the 9 round before I took Burrows.

Just for your own confirmation, you should track this and see what the end of season QB Points for are vs where the QB’s were drafted.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The WR situation in Buffalo is interesting. They don’t have Diggs or Davis anymore, and their top 3 WRs are quite an unknown.

Coleman is a draft pick/rookie
    Shakir has been there but always played 3 or 4 in the depth chart
    Samuel is a free agent signing from Washington

One of these guys is going to emerge as the top WR. The question is who?

Certainly Kincaid and Cook will reap some of that benefit but if you were going to select one of those WRs who would it be?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

One of these guys is going to emerge as the top WR. The question is who?

Certainly Kincaid and Cook will reap some of that benefit but if you were going to select one of those WRs who would it be?

Personally I took a flyer on Samuel, but could have done the same w/ Coleman,and I’d bet they end up close in production if healthy. Samuel probably has a better floor, Coleman a better ceiling. Shakir is a slot, so you are looking for volume there and there are a lot safer bets than him imo.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

What round did you take Samuel in?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    Allen went as the 3rd pick in Round 4. By the end of Round 7 there had been 7 Taken. I managed to hold off till the 9 round before I took Burrows.

Just for your own confirmation, you should track this and see what the end of season QB Points for are vs where the QB’s were drafted.

It will be interesting to see the end of year results vs pre-season projection. I’m guessing at least 2-3 of the top 10 QB’s will end up hurt for a fair amount of the season as well. Hard to keep QB’s healthy I. Todays game. After watching the QB documentary last year it’s hard to believe any of them can make it a full season with the beating they take during a season.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I had my draft today, I was able to draft Bijan Robinson at the third pick.

Travis Kelce was still there in the 6th round, so I have him too. Not long ago he was first round material.

Really wanted Anthony Richardson at QB but didn’t get him.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I had my draft today, I was able to draft Bijan Robinson at the third pick.

Travis Kelce was still there in the 6th round, so I have him too. Not long ago he was first round material.

Really wanted Anthony Richardson at QB but didn’t get him.

I had my sights set on Bijan at the 3rd pick in our league as well. No luck. He went 2nd. Kelce went fairly early in the 3rd round in our draft. What rounds did the QB’s start going in yours. What QB did you get and when did you take him.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Jackson, Hurts, Mahomes, and Allen were the first four off the board, in that order. I want to say in the 4th and 5th round.

I took Prescott in the 10th round and Brock Purdy as a backup in the 13th round.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Jackson, Hurts, Mahomes, and Allen were the first four off the board, in that order. I want to say in the 4th and 5th round.

I took Prescott in the 10th round and Brock Purdy as a backup in the 13th round.

So QB’s started going early in your draft as well. I believe I got Burrow in the 9th or 10th round. By that point I was about maxed out on WR’s and RB’s. What was remaining was nothing I was super excited about

big_g
    Isle, MN

Had our snake draft last night… with the 2nd pick, I took Ceedee… C Mac went #1.

Attachments:
    1. FF-Roster-2024.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

with the 2nd pick, I took Ceedee

Hoping for a whole lot of Prescott to Lamb this season!

I love it when you can double on points like that, having the same QB and WR. I had Allen and Diggs one season several years ago and that combo was killer.

dirtywater

Auction drafts saved fantasy football for me. The one league I’m in that still uses snake draft I just auto draft because I find it so boring. The level of strategy and gamesmanship that occurs in a 2 hour auction is almost as entertaining as the rest of the season. All sorts of risk/reward situations, you’re in the mix on any player you want, etc. Bidding up a player you don’t want just to screw with your opponent’s budget is extremely satisfying. Keeper is an absolute must as well. 2-3 picks every year for me are made with next year in mind, so you’re playing the long game.

Sharon
    SE Metro

We had our draft tonight and here’s who I got! It’s still fun even when you have no idea what you’re doing! rotflol

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3954.jpeg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

We had our draft tonight and here’s who I got! It’s still fun even when you have no idea what you’re doing! rotflol

Good looking lineup. You have 2 players going in tonight’s game. Hope Maholmes has a big 1st game for you.ive had him the last few seasons. He’s real steady. Not many real big weeks but not many crappy ones either.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

10 Team Snake Draft and I was drafting 7th:
    Amon-Ra
    Gibbs
    Mixon
    Swift
    Aiyuk
    Rice
    Allen
    Montgomery
    Singletary
    Smith-Njigba
    Caleb Williams
    Ferguson
    ARodg
    Jaguars

Had a few picks sneak up on me, and wouldn’t normally go so division/team heavy, especially NFC North teams, but here we are.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>

I think you will end up glad you waited that long. The difference between Fantasy QB 3 or 4…..and Fantasy QB 7 or 8 at the end of the season is generally small. When averaged out over an entire season it could be a point or 2 per week on average. To be repetitive, there is a much larger drop in fantasy production from the 3rd to the 9th round for WRs and RBs.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Fantasy Football is changing my interest in the game just a titch! I have Jefferson on my FF team and he just got a TD!! I jumped up and was dancing like I’ve never danced before!! woot woot

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.