Annual Best Sweet corn post. Where are you finding it ?

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Ive seen places that charge nearly a buck an ear. $8 is nothing.

Hey Captain – I assume Trauts have sold out long ago. I have not been out that way in a few weeks. If they are still selling, let me know. I will be out that way this afternoon and will swing in and get one last batch if available.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

had some of the best last night!! FREE!!!

JEREMY
    BP

My kids always say its nice the corn is free. Guess the 500 or so bucks it cost to plant it dont count.

stout93
    Becker MN

Now the question is with all of you claiming to have the best….how do you prepare and eat it?

We microwave for 3-4 minutes and it’s ready to go. No butter, no salt. Just plain.

CaptainMusky

Hey Captain – I assume Trauts have sold out long ago. I have not been out that way in a few weeks. If they are still selling, let me know. I will be out that way this afternoon and will swing in and get one last batch if available.

yes they are still selling but it’s going to done soon I’m sure. Sign was up this morning anyway.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

3 minutes butter salt and pepper

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>

yes they are still selling but it’s going to done soon I’m sure. Sign was up this morning anyway.

Thanks. I’m going to swing by this afternood and get me another doz.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

We microwave for 3-4 minutes and it’s ready to go. No butter, no salt. Just plain.

The 3-4 minutes in the microwave sounds good. The No butter, No salt, does not. You have to have butter and salt and pepper. Just not the same without. And real butter no fake crap.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Hey for those who Microwave, do you do in the husk or after husking? I’ve always soaked mine in water for a short time and then microwaved in the husk.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Does anyone know if all the corn growers are growing Round Up ready corn?

Something about using Round Up really makes me not want to eat it.

I hate tilling/weeding but grow my own because I can. No chemicals on it.
    Tough to do if you’re growing enough to sell.

10klakes

Now the question is with all of you claiming to have the best….how do you prepare and eat it?

Usually grill. Soak in water and grill husk on. Or de husk, brush oil on and get some char on the kernels.

Microwave sounds simple, may have to try it.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

No idea. With the amount of chemicals and other things in most everything we eat, The thought of roundup ready corn does not bother me one bit. More worried about all the hormones and steroids used in animals these days. Roundup has been used on crops for a lot of years now.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

Hey for those who Microwave, do you do in the husk or after husking? I’ve always soaked mine in water for a short time and then microwaved in the husk.

no soaking, just throw it in the microwave in the husk, cut off the bottom end and pop the corn out silk free…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

no soaking, just throw it in the microwave in the husk, cut off the bottom end and pop the corn out silk free…

This is what we do too. Do you have a set time per # of pieces? I’m still trying to dial that in to perfectly cooked, and not underdone or nuclear hot. I like fire roasted with a little char over charcoal best, but the stars need to align to make that happen, and the microwave is easier and more consistent than any other method I’ve tried.

JEREMY
    BP

My 11 year old stepson and 7 year old daughter like it best raw straight from the field. 8 year old likes butter and Lawreys. Started microwaving this year the cut off the end and squeeze it out trick works amazing. Plain for me no butter no salt.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

no I don’t, since my wife passed away a few years back I’m cooking for one…

3 minutes per cob… I’ve heard 4 and 5 minutes when you 2 or 3 just never
    that… when I want 2 I just cook each separate sorry I’m not better help to you!!

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

cajun seasoning is good too on the corn

haleysgold
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>haleysgold wrote:</div>

No idea. With the amount of chemicals and other things in most everything we eat, The thought of roundup ready corn does not bother me one bit. More worried about all the hormones and steroids used in animals these days. Roundup has been used on crops for a lot of years now.

There’s a big difference. How many foods do you eat that were directly sprayed with RoundUp? Very few.
    Most is sprayed on foods that are eatin by other animals and then you consume that animal.
    So that’s already gone through another process not directly to your gut.
    But you just keep eating it. After all, then you won’t need a flashlight when you go out in the dark. The glow will be plenty. frown

JEREMY
    BP

Its sprayed when the corns is only a few inches tall or with drop nozzles if bigger and never when cobs are forming or after. So its never sprayed on what your eating at least if done how its recommended.

CaptainMusky

Fish thumper I hope you grabbed corn earlier this week. They are now done for the season. Bummer I only had it once

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Stopped by the Jansens trailer in the legion lot in Onamia and picked up a dozen.
    Did the microwave thing, and it was spectacular!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Stopped by the Jansens trailer in the legion lot in Onamia and picked up a dozen.
    Did the microwave thing, and it was spectacular!

its incredible, I soaked mine for a day and grilled it with the full husk on…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Fish thumper I hope you grabbed corn earlier this week. They are now done for the season. Bummer I only had it once

I did swing by and get 2 more dozen the morning after you said they were still open. She said the next day was going to be her last. I had 2 ears tonight with a hamburger. Yummy.

Deuces

Stand in rush city off 35 had good stuff, not great, but for $7 a dozen I’m happy camper. toast

Viewing 24 posts - 61 through 84 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.