Annual Best Sweet corn post. Where are you finding it ?

• CaptainMusky

I bought mine for like $8. THe lady said they were going to go up this year from 7 but they apparently did anyway.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

$10 a doz at the organic garden in Blaine, Lexington and 242 just a block north on the west side of Lexington ave. Best I have had in a while. Also Fleet Farm in Blaine has a local farmers stand with white sweet corn that was good also at $9 a doz. Had both this weekend and both really good. But holly Cow has corn got expensive.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

$10 a doz at the organic garden in Blaine, Lexington and 242 just a block north on the west side of Lexington ave. Best I have had in a while. Also Fleet Farm in Blaine has a local farmers stand with white sweet corn that was good also at $9 a doz. Had both this weekend and both really good. But holly Cow has corn got expensive.

Finally a stand I can get to without a long drive. I see there closed today, will have to hit them on Wednesday. Thanks. I found some decent stuff at Center Cut meats in Rogers when I stopped by there after hitting Cabelas Sunday. It was ok, kinda small.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Man, I’ve been disappointed in the sweet corn this year so far. Tried two different places well recommended on the thread and one was bad and the other mediocre at best.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Man, I’ve been disappointed in the sweet corn this year so far. Tried two different places well recommended on the thread and one was bad and the other mediocre at best.

try Jansen’s….

BigWerm
    SW Metro

try Jansen’s….

That was the mediocre one, but I will be trying them again this weekend and they are my go-to historically.

10klakes

Klingelhutz. Stand in Waconia and in Victoria at Cabin Fever. They have a facebook page for more info.

Justin riegel

Funny enough the best we have gotten this year as been from Walmart. The local farmer down the street as had mediocre corn this year and at $9 dzn, it just is not worth it. I am all for supporting local but prices are insane.

JEREMY
    BP

Your not far from me. Come over in a about 10 or 12 days my second stuff will be ready then and it looks great right now. I promise you wont beat the price.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Anderson farms in Mankato/St Peter used to be good, there is a place in Le Sueur off 169 on my way home I used to stop at last year, have not stopped this year. When Cub has Minnesota grown corn for 3 for $1 I buy 3 doz and freeze them for the winter, nothing better then grilling a steak on the grill and eating sweet corn when its -30 out in January

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Your not far from me. Come over in a about 10 or 12 days my second stuff will be ready then and it looks great right now. I promise you wont beat the price.

Say when! I think you got my number.

JEREMY
    BP

Bigwerm I’m picking corn right now if you wanna take a cruise to belle plaine later I will save you some. First 40 dozen sold before I even got out here

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Here in SW WI i have not had a bad batch of corn all year and thats from 5-6 different stands.

Pitter patter

Schwertel’s food stand between centerville Wisconsin and Winona Minnesota

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    Schurhammer Sweet Corn

Grown in Wabasha County, sold out of a few truck beds and to 5 or 6 area grocery stores

100% We had a meal of it last night. And it was about the sweetest corn I’ve had in a long time.

They’re getting down there. I don’t think there’s even 10 acres left of the 40 or so they planted. I know they’ve dialed the plantings back in recent years and lost a little with the high water coming up in the old river channel.

To reitterate, I’ve eaten a lot of sweet corn in my life…but this family has it absolutely dialed-in. If any IDO’ers are in the area I’ll bet it’s the best corn you will ever eat.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Purchased my second dozen of Jansen corn in Onamia this past weekend, not sure how it could any better than that…

Hoyt4
    NULL

Had some more and it was great flavor. Up by big marine gas station the land next door. $3.50 a dozen, he will be running out soon hoping to get one more load before he’s all out.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Got some good stuff from a stand at Hwy 65 Bait last Saturday. Not going to say best I ever had, but it was very good.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

The Untiedt’s stands in some of the mall parking lots have great sweet corn this year.
    They supply all the corn for the State Fair booths.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The Untiedt’s stands in some of the mall parking lots have great sweet corn this year.

The corn I had this year at the state fair was probably the worst sweet corn I’ve had all year.

JEREMY
    BP

I picked 45 dozen yesterday and three people took it all.

KP
    Hudson, WI

I bought some of their corn in St. Michael and it was really bad. I havent been able to find good sweet corn all year.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I havent been able to find good sweet corn all year.

That’s a bummer. Its been a great year for sweet corn almost everywhere.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Bigwerm I’m picking corn right now if you wanna take a cruise to belle plaine later I will save you some. First 40 dozen sold before I even got out here

I picked 45 dozen yesterday and three people took it all.

Dang I missed it, being offline over the weekend/yesterday. Let me know next pick, and I’ll come grab some. And I only need a dozen or two.

JEREMY
    BP

I tried to email you and it wouldnt work. Should have more in a few days if it didnt get flattened by the wind last night.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I swung into Cash Wise for a few items this evening and couldn’t pass up on the $4/dozen. Very good and nice size ears. They were well stocked and no idea where they got it from but grown in MN.

orve4

Ive been sampling some of the local sweet corn around Albany/avon and all of it has been good. There is a stand located in albany at the gas station and it has been wonderful but it was about 8 dollars a dozen.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

but it was about 8 dollars a dozen

As crazy high as that sounds I think its in line with most the places I’ve seen corn. $7.00-8.00 seems rather common. For the limited time its available and as much as I like to eat it, I’m fine with the cost. Those who process large amounts and freeze it would probably benefit a little from finding it a few $ cheaper. For the few dozen or so I eat each year its not a big deal. I’d much rather pay a local farmer a few $ extra than to save a few $’s at a grocery store.

CaptainMusky

Ive seen places that charge nearly a buck an ear. $8 is nothing.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.