Annual Best Sweet corn post. Where are you finding it ?

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Nothing better than fresh sweet Corn. To help others who like it as well I thought once again I’d make a post where people could post where they are getting some from and their thoughts on the quality of it. It started showing up around this area a little over a week ago. Purchased my first of the year from one of those stands in a parking lot ( This one was in Sartell next to speedway on the corner of pine cone and 2nd st ) It was just OK. Not the best ,but not the worst either. On Sunday I went to check my favorite location from the last few years. This one is also located at a farm in Sartell. Location is on Pinecone right across the road from Upper Deck Sports Bar. As in past years this corn was the Best. Year in and year out theirs is always the best. I asked them how long they think they would have some, The answer was they think till the 2nd weekend in Aug. hopefully. They plant 4-5 different ones that are suppose to mature about 3-4 weeks apart. The owner said mother nature often has different plans and closes the gap much closer together than that usually. I like this place not only because they have the best tasting corn, but because they often also donate a ton to local food shelves. They said they planted a extra Acre this year hoping to both sell and donate more. On Sunday there was a steady stream of autos driving in and out of their long driveway. The tic sheet they keep looked to have a few hundred tic marks on the sheet and it was only about 11:00 in the morning at that point. The cost was 8.00 I believe for a Doz. worth the cost to me for the quality and what they do for the community. Got to make another run to pick up more after work tonight. Lets here what you are finding.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Little red Corn stand in the farmers front yard headed to Osceola WI from Forest Lake off hwy95 N. Self serve stand has the best corn around every year.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Little red Corn stand in the farmers front yard headed to Osceola WI from Forest Lake off hwy95 N. Self serve stand has the best corn around every year.

Do you know if they are selling any right now?

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

amish are by Long Prairie

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

amish are by Long Prairie

The amish always have great stuff. I always purchase my ground and creamy Horseradish from them.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

East side of Woodbury at the the self serve corn stand on Manning.
    Had it Monday night and again tonight. All this rain is putting out some good corn this year. Remember last year we were dry and a lot of corn didn’t make it. Cobs were small. Not this year!!!

LabDaddy1

I don’t have any info myself at the moment but will post if I find something.

Anybody know of any good ones in the eagan/apple valley/Burnsville/Lakeville area?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Remember last year we were dry and a lot of corn didn’t make it. Cobs were small. Not this year!!!

Ya last year was terrible. Probably the worst year I remember for sweet corn. Almost all the normal spots did not even sell it last year.

Hoyt4
    NULL

By big marine store farmer plants in stages and it’s some of the best corn around.

Farmer was selling all the last week over in New Richmond WI that was pretty good.

JEREMY
    BP

My largest sweetcorn patch is in a lower spot and last year it turned out great. This year being in a lower spot lets just say it was a little on the wet side. 200 bucks worth of seed is maybe gonna give my kids a few cobs to eat.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Big sweet corn fan, and I’m partial to Jansons Sweet Corn. They have a stand at the DQ in Royalton, in Buckman and Onamia. Last year I think it was $9/dozen. Pretty soon I’ll have some tomatoes ready for my favorite summer meal, BLT’s with Thielens bacon, homegrown tomatoes and Jansons Sweet Corn!

CaptainMusky

Trauts farm that FT talked about is the best corn I have EVER had. Ive had Becks, Jansons and a host of others from this general area, but their’s is the most consistent. Always big cobs, the kernels pop right off and tasty. I prefer to not go anywhere else since I spend so much time at upper deck already LOL
    We even brought 2 dozen down to Branson when we had a family gathering and the southerners were very impressed. They dont get corn like that down in Texas.

mojogunter

Riverside Farms just across from the Boat Center in Ramsey has very good sweet corn.

LabDaddy1

Looked online and found a place called untiedt’s with a location off of cliff and cedar in Eagan. Looks like they’re a family farm located in waverly, and have a few stands in the cities and elsewhere. Gonna give them a shot in a little bit and I’ll report back on how it is.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Not sure if it’s out yet, but my vote is the Leisen Family Farm stand just south of 94 on the Highway 12 exit in Hudson.

Brad Dimond

Untiedt’s does several stands in the Cities. They provide the corn at the State Fair. We’ve had corn from the St. Paul Farmers Market for the past two weeks, it’s been very good.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Untiedt’s does several stands in the Cities. They provide the corn at the State Fair. We’ve had corn from the St. Paul Farmers Market for the past two weeks, it’s been very good.

Good looking out, they have a stand across from my office, so dinner plans are made!

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

X2 on Jansons and the place across from upper deck, trouts, that captain and FT are talking about. Both delicious.

Stanley

Hardware store in foley has a self serve stand going. I don’t know who’s corn it is but has been there over a week now.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Schurhammer Sweet Corn

Grown in Wabasha County, sold out of a few truck beds and to 5 or 6 area grocery stores

Jimmy Jones

Schurhammer Sweet Corn

Grown in Wabasha County, sold out of a few truck beds and to 5 or 6 area grocery stores

100% We had a meal of it last night. And it was about the sweetest corn I’ve had in a long time.

LabDaddy1

I did end up going to untiedt’s in Eagan. The girl working there was very nice and even threw in an extra ear. Had it last night with some hamburgers and it was very good. Will be going back!

P.s.: did not know they provided the corn at the state fair

Gregg Gunter

Untiedts is partnering with Kowalskis Market now so you can get it in the store, too.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Just picked up another Doz. from Trauts farm in Sartell. This batch was even better than the 1st – Hard to believe that was possible. In case you didn’t pick up on it, I LOVE SWEET CORN ! sadly the only way I like corn is fresh from the cob. Sadly in a few weeks I’ll be done eating corn till next summer. Going to enjoy it while I can.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Got a dozen ears from my farmer neighbor, pretty good stuff but he is also selling it at mimbach fleet in Sauk rapids for $5/dozen.

mojo

Not sure if it’s out yet, but my vote is the Leisen Family Farm stand just south of 94 on the Highway 12 exit in Hudson.

They set up last week.
    This is good stuff. Self serve stand about 500 feet south of I94 on exit 4. They change out the trailer multiple times per day, and at times there will be a line of cars waiting for the next trailer to arrive – especially on Fridays/weekends.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I got about 10 servings processed for the freezer this weekend.
    The stuff we got this weekend is the epitome of sweet corn.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Picked up a dozen Jansen corn in Onamia this weekend, soaked it for a day and cooked it on the grill in the husk, it was incredible… $9 a dozen, well worth it…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

In the east metro, Highway 5 between 694 East through Lake Elmo to where it meets 36 is becoming Sweetcorn Avenue. There are multiple roadside stands and there is a stand in the parking lot of many gas stations all along that route.

What prices are people seeing? $10 a dozen is becoming the default.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.