And that's a wrap…………

• steuben1
    Indiana

Trying to post this for the fourth time, so if it show’s up 4 times, my apologies.
    Well this will be my last post of the year from Erie. With the warm weather coming, we have decided to call it good. We knew the warm weather was coming this week so we fished last Thursday, Friday and Saturday from sun up to sun down each day. Needless to say, it has been a banner year with ton’s of great happenings.
    First, I want to say thank you to James and the IDO Crew for letting us fish with you on Erie. It was a pleasure to help you out and thank’s so much for being so nice. You are all a class act. I have a feeling that the IDO guys will be coming back each winter if the ice is good.
    I would also like to publicly thank RevPilot and Brian for working with me this year on the ice. We all worked together and caught a ton of fish. Thanks guys, it’s nice having friends to work with out there and it paid off for all of us. (Well except yesterday when you ditched me for the IceShanty guys) LOL You knew that was coming Rev.
    I also hope that all the folks from the IDO Forum that got in touch with me were successful on Erie. I tried to provide everyone who contacted me with the best information possible. I certainly hope you all made it out and caught some fish.

I would also like to give a shout out to John at Tuned Up Customs for the rods this year. The rods to me, made a difference. The backbone in the PP helps set the hook deep. Looking forward to the prototype that is coming out.

The sunset pic is from last night at about 7pm while we were packing up. The picture for us explains why we love ice fishing so much.

That’s it for this year guys, take care and finish up your ice seasons safely,

Jeff

Attachments:
    1. IMG_08141.jpg

2. IMG_08071.jpg

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Thanks Jeff.

We plan on one last trip out arriving Wednesday or Thursday. Hopefully the ice hold up.

Andy

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

Awesome year indeed!

Randy Rowell
    Rockland Wi

I to have a trip planned arriving
    Thursday. Do you think we will be able to get on the ice with the warm up?
    Randy

GMAN

I have a friend down there that is going out today he said possibly these next couple days it will be all done unless you have a hovercraft??…….Joel posted satellite views of Lake Erie don’t look very good

steuben1
    Indiana

I to have a trip planned arriving
    Thursday. Do you think we will be able to get on the ice with the warm up?
    Randy

I wouldn’t say it’s not going to be safe. I am also not saying it’s going to be safe either. I’m sure people will go out all week. I’m just saying it’s not worth the risk for me at this point. I came in Sunday night at 7:30 and hit quite a few BIG slush pockets on the way in.

I would check with RevPilot on here as he is going out tomorrow.

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

thanks again for the advice on our trip out. i’m already looking forward to a trip back!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.