Amped Battery – Which is Better? LiFePO4 30Ah (12V) or NMC 32Ah (14.8V)

• chasing50s

Hello,

Which is the better battery to run Garmin 126sv, GLS10 and LVS34?

Amped LiFePO4 30Ah (12V) or NMC 32Ah (14.8V)?

Are the Amped Outdoors published run times for the NMC actually longer than listed since the values are specified at 12V?

Other than the difference in estimated run time, is one a better choice than the other?
    I read the LiFePO4 is better in heat, cold, life cycles…

Opinions?

Thanks!

JoeMX1825
    MN

NMC runs at a higher voltage which is just better for your electronics and is alot lighter in weight (most important factor imo). NMC has fewer charge cycles, but 99% of owners will never run into that issue. The run times are pretty exact as its all about amps used and that data is widely available, just know you can improve run time some by turning down the head unit’s backlight…

I run an Amped 32 NMC in my Livescope setup…

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

NMC runs at a higher voltage which is just better for your electronics

The electronics will run the no better or no worse, as long as you are within the voltage range. Most have a recommended range of like 11.0-16v. I’m grabbing at straws with that range, but it’s in that territory.

Now, you will see a slightly longer run time running a higher voltage. Higher voltage will reduce amp consumption. If that’s what you meant by electronics will run better, then I agree. But you will not get any higher performance in image clarity at a higher voltage.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    NMC runs at a higher voltage which is just better for your electronics

The electronics will run the no better or no worse, as long as you are within the voltage range. Most have a recommended range of like 11.0-16v. I’m grabbing at straws with that range, but it’s in that territory.

Now, you will see a slightly longer run time running a higher voltage. Higher voltage will reduce amp consumption. If that’s what you meant by electronics will run better, then I agree. But you will not get any higher performance in image clarity at a higher voltage.

correct, no image improvement, I just meant more efficient use of the juice

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

correct, no image improvement, I just meant more efficient use of the juice

Perfect. So much misconception going around these day, many created the guys selling the batteries.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.