Amason’s Obabikon

• Hydro
    Brainerd Mn

Have a trip booked in mid September to stay here. Looks like a very nice place and great reviews. I haven’t fished this area before at any time. Anyone been there or fished that part of Lake of the Woods out of Morson? Would appreciate any info on fishing or things to be aware of! Thank you in advance!!

picklerick
    Central WI

Lots over at Walleye Central if nobody here responds. It’s on my list to get up to one day.

CaptainMusky

Never heard of it. I hope your trip goes well I hear the fishing really picks up, not that its ever bad up there around that time of year.

ThunderLund78

Have a trip booked in mid September to stay here. Looks like a very nice place and great reviews. I haven’t fished this area before at any time. Anyone been there or fished that part of Lake of the Woods out of Morson? Would appreciate any info on fishing or things to be aware of! Thank you in advance!!

Don’t know about this place, but did a trip to New Moon Lodge out of Morson way back in the early 2000s. I believe our trip was in August, but fishing was phenomenal. We had a guide, so that helped – especially because that part of the LOTW is all islands and bays, not the big open basin fishing like going out of Baudette/Warroad. It’s beautiful up there. Have fun!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Jared will take very good care of you. Great Crappie & Pike fishing nearby and of course the Muskie fishing will also interest you.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Jared is a really good dude. He helped us find some crappies a while back even though we weren’t staying with him. Had us out to his house. Can’t find better people than the folks up in Morson.

MX1825

Lots of good reviews on Walleye Central. Jared comments a lot on Canadian issues on WC.
    I will be interested in your trip info when you get back. I’ve wanted to do a trip to that area for a few years now. How many people in your trip? Taking your own boats?

Mike J
    Wright County

I stayed at Obabikon way back in 1998. No complaints, nice resort. Since then it’s been Miles Bay Camp. We always go up in June so I can’t give you much advice about your September trip. But from experience, if you want walleye action fish a bit shallow. Bigger fish tend to be deeper. We’ve always just jigged with minnows. Pike, muskies, and smallmouth are readily available by casting. Both in the weeds and rocks. It’s a beautiful area and the fishing always seems to be good. And trust your electronic mapping when it comes to rock hazards, plenty of those around.

Hydro
    Brainerd Mn

Thanks for ask the replies! We are really looking forward to this trip. I have heard nothing but good things about the camp and the fishing. There is 6 of us going and we are taking our own boats. The rocks and like hazards are kind of a concern for us. I’m sure we will go slowly until we get some routes set. I’ll post our experience when we get back. Thanks again!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.