Fold Down Cleats?

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Looking for some fold down cleats for my navigator. Seen some on a newer competitor the other day that I think would easily install on my gunnels. Called Alumacraft CS this morning and got voice mail. Seen a few fold down cleats on line but not sue if they will match up with what mine are.

anyone ever change their old style cleats out for newer fold down ones? Thinking I must be up to a couple grand on broken rods on those old ones. They snap them in a heart beat.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I have seen the ones that drop down and lift also. Now you got me thinking about adding them to my Trophy. Might give Dans South Side a call.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

The ones I seen just fold over. Hoping no extra holes or cutting of the gunnel. Two long bolts that go completely threw the gunnel. Looks like about all I would have to do is drill the rivets out. Thinking that cutting the tube gunnel on the boat might not be the greatest for the strength on the gunnel.

kroger3
    blaine mn

I have the fold down ones installed on my competitor by alumacraft when the boat was built. They use 2 bolts thru the gunnel. The normal ones used 4 rivets. I will sell them to you but you have to buy the boat as well…

Send an e-mail to Patti Flowers “[email protected]” she was my contact in there parts department

navtiller
    chippewa falls

I agree these cleats are terrible, wish they would have put the pop up ones on. I nearly broke several rods too. If you find them please post.

fishbait

Mike
    I bought mine for Alumacraft direct and had to drill new holes. The cleats I bought were on the small side and didn’t cover the old holes which I filled with SS screws. Measure the hole spread on your old cleats and order accordingly. I believe the cleats from Accon Marine are the same as what Alumacraft uses.
    http://shop.acconmarine.com/products/23-folding-cleat.aspx
    Love mine no more broken rods

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

I replaced the cleats on my Navigator with them and got them through Alumacraft for around $30 each. They barely hid the old holes and I used aluminum rivets to hide the exposed holes. Now I no longer have to untangle my net from the cleats before netting my fish. Don’t think I ever broke a rod on one but I can see how that could happen. I still have the original cleats if anyone is interested?

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

My 2007 Tourney Sport came with the collapsible cleats, I’m sure Alumacraft buys them versus makes them, maybe try West Marine, they have a ton of boat stuff.

Al

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thanks guys. Still working on this. Called Alumacraft with no response. Sent email last week. No response. Talked with a local marine dealer and have not heard back from them. Kinda get the feeling that if your not buying a boat they dont want to hear from you.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Try calling Nick at LaCanne marine down in Fairbault, he’s always got me taken care of.

Al

Pancakes
    Bay City, WI

Hi Mike,

We just ordered these cleats for a customer, $24.95/ea and we could ship them to you if you can’t pick them up. Just shoot me a pm or call with your info and I will order them on Monday, they would arrive at our shop on Tuesday.

Missi

trouter18

Oops… sorry Mike W… I see looking back at that forum that you were a part of the discussion. Did you try it out?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Was able to get the cleats from Lacannes marine. Not sure if Ill get them on this fall yet. Might ended up being a spring time project now. Looks like a simple job. Drill two holes threw the gunnel. Run the long bolts threw and tighten them down.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.