Alumacraft delivery

• Walleyeriz

My 2012 Dominator 185 Sport was supposed to be delivered this week. Last week I was told boat was built and ready to ship from Minnesota this week. Yesterday when I called I was told the manufacturer has truck broke down and one of his driver’s wife passed away. I was wondering if anyone else out there has heard the same thing or am I getting the run around. I’m off to rainy lake June 1st and if my boat doesn’t come in pretty quick I will be renting a boat , I already sold my other boat.

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Work with your dealer, I would not even consider renting a boat. They should have a demo model or trade in you could use for a planned trip!

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

umm…what dealer did you get your alumacraft from? Sounds like a similar situation I had a couple of years ago. found out that boat had been sitting in St. Peter for over two months waiting for the dealer to pay Alumacraft. The dealer couldn’t get credit from the Bank and were giving me every line in the book on what the delay was….yamaha didn’t have my motor. So I got a suzuki……then alumacraft hadn’t gotten the boat built….then the boat was built but the trailer wasn’t made yet…..then the person getting the boat from st peter supposudly brought the wrong boat back up and they didn’t have a driver until next week because of a death in the family…..

It wasn’t until after daily trips to the dealer in front of customers demanding my deposit back and finaly talking to the dealer owner that the boat was finally delivered.

Any of this sound familiar?

kroger3
    blaine mn

Your getting the run around! Seems like everyone gets a different story this year why there boat is not ready when they are told they are! Happened to me and severl others I now but had different stories.

Walleyeriz

My Boat was delivered yesterday! When I started this post all I wanted to know was if anyone else heard the same thing I did. I bought this boat from a dealer that was a 45 minutes drive farther than another marina; both were very close in price; however I felt more comfortable dealing with this place. I was not accusing my dealer of lying, just checking the story out. Better to find out sooner rather than later. I spent some time yesterday with the shop manager going over upgrades and rigging. Another good experience, Mike really seems to know boats. Over all even though Water Werks was a longer drive, I’m sure it was the right call, they really are a class act.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.