Alone or with buddies?

• Tim

How do you fish? Alone or with buddies?

Jeff

Alone when I want to move a lot. With buddies when I want to move less and have a few cocktails.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Fish alone the most ,although it is nice haveing some one there to share the experience when u catch a nice fish yay

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I fish alone most of the time but once in a while it is nice to go out with a group

Hoyt4
    NULL

Most trips i’m with a group but like fishing alone in my one man.

curleytail

Fishing alone with vood friends or family is always a good time. With that said I look forward to full day solo trips as well. It offers me the flexibility to fish how and where I want, when I want.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Early ice or late ice I won’t go out if I don’t have a buddy with. Other than that any change I get to go fishing I will go by myself or in a group.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I fish. If others join me great. A hand full of guys i really enjoy being around and we usually end up spliiting up for searching. On a rare occasion, i plop into someones boat and just tag along

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Most trips i’m with a group but like fishing alone in my one man.

I prefer fishing alone because when I fish with Hoyt4 I end up having to catch two limits so he can eat too )

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Used to be alone. now with a little guy he’s with more often than not.
    Couple times a year with a few people. hardly ever in a big group.

Tim

Sounds like by waiting to go with buddies I’m in the minority. I need to start heading out by myself more.

404 ERROR
    MN

I usually fish with 1 other person, but I do enjoy fishing alone. Most of my fishing buddies are tag-along fishermen…They have a little bit of gear, but don’t take it near as seriously as I do and rely on me for quite a bit of gear.

I get the social factor of fishing, but I would rather focus on the fish and do the best I can to capitalize on my fishing time. So if you stop by to chat while I’m hole hopping, don’t be offended if I’m short spoken.

Attachments:
    1. not-now-chief-im-in-the-zone.jpg

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

Usually alone because it’s always last minute decisions on when I can fish, based on family/kids. I don’t necessarily enjoy groups of tag-along fisherman, I prefer hole hopping and really finding the fish. I enjoy groups of other hole hopping fisherman, we can really cover a lot of ground and find the fish when working together as a team.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I have 1 fishing buddy who I usually go out with and a few others that I sometimes meet up with. I would probably catch more fish if I fished alone but I like the social aspect of ice fishing. Sometimes I catch and that’s fun when it happens, but I always have a good time hanging out with friends and family

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I honestly cannot remember the last time I fished alone. I do enjoy it but between my kids wanting to go and guiding it’s just not in the cards. Lucky for me, I love watching people catch fish as much as love catching them myself waytogo

Attachments:
    1. BIG-CRAPPIE-0088.png

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I honestly cannot remember the last time I fished alone. I do enjoy it but between my kids wanting to go and guiding it’s just not in the cards. Lucky for me, I love watching people catch fish as much as love catching them myself waytogo

so how much did you bill that guy for!!!!!!! rotflol devil

i fish both alone and with others………but usually far apart. i do enjoy my alone time though!!!!!

wormdunker

Alone unless with family or unless exploring new water.

Because if you tell 2 friends, they will 2 friends and so on and so on and so on….

Internet has made the world a small place. Technology is making fish catching too easy.

Be smart, be careful. Fish are too vulnerable in the winter and can be exploited.

my .02

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

With me it’s Deb Dallas.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Round Lake. rotflol

Neal Keeling

With having a 13 year old son I rarely fish alone. We work as a team, both with flashers, we can cover a lot of ice in a short time. That being said there are times he’s busy with friends and doesn’t go. I enjoy the alone time.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Alone, but not always by choice. I tend to move a lot and cut a lot of holes unless I find them in one spot.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I fish alone most of the time.

Tom Dace

Mostly alone. I will fish with others but it’s a very limited group of individuals I trust.

oldbear
    State Center, Iowa

I fish alone just about entirely. If I fish with somebody it would be a friend that isn’t to chatty as I just like being there for peace and quiet.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

I took my daughter fishing last summer and we spent several hours in my boat. When we got back my wife asked her what did the two of you talk about? My daughter “Nothing” we were fishing. One of my favorite fishing buddies as neither of us talk much while fishing. We are both pretty serious about it. -)

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.