Almost hay…..

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

We were looking at new mowers just the other day. Our Toro is about 8 years old and beginning to make weird noises but still mows like a chief. 22″. At one time it had from drive but that bunch of goodies vacated to more year ago. I’ve been studying consumer reports on Honda mowers and based on those think we’ll likely go in that direction. One of the kids have had a Honda for two seasons now and he’s got a large lawn with some hills/slopes and he loves the Honda to death. He mulches and you’d swear he bagged, even with tall grass.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

We were looking at new mowers just the other day. Our Toro is about 8 years old and beginning to make weird noises but still mows like a chief. 22″. At one time it had from drive but that bunch of goodies vacated to more year ago. I’ve been studying consumer reports on Honda mowers and based on those think we’ll likely go in that direction. One of the kids have had a Honda for two seasons now and he’s got a large lawn with some hills/slopes and he loves the <nobr style=”font-size: inherit”>Honda</nobr> to death. He mulches and you’d swear he bagged, even with tall grass.

my neighbor has one of them honda’s with all the goodies including electric start. they have had it since they’ve moved there. to bad there such jerks!!!!!!!!!!!!

TipUpFishOn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eelpoutguy wrote:</div>
    X2

Nice lawn is way, way, way, way, way, way, down on my list. I have bigger fish to fry.

X3

I also like clean water, and don’t feel the need to spread chemicals everywhere to impress others with how grass looks on my yard. We all play a part in clean freshwater whether small or large scale.

Milorganite in particular is actually an organic fertilizer which is made up of Milwaukee’s waste so it’s not too bad for the environment. That’s why it won’t burn your lawn either. Stuff like Scotts, yeah those chemicals aren’t great.

good helpful info. i got a 30 year old craftsman 20 insh with i side shoot that will have to do. running over it a few times isnt a big deal. how thick do you guys let it get???????????

If your mower has the mulching capability (with a true mulching blade on it) then you actually wanna close up that side chute. Closing it up helps keep the leaves and grass up in the deck longer, creating smaller pieces.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

For you guys spraying roundup, have you read about or heard the massive law suits they are having due to roundup causing lymphoma cancer?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

For you guys spraying roundup, have you read about or heard the massive law suits they are having due to roundup causing lymphoma cancer?

It can’t be bad. They put it on our food. crazy

Mr. Derek
    NULL

It’s about as dangerous as eating bacon, and I’m not giving up bacon.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s about as dangerous as eating bacon, and I’m not giving up bacon.
    [/quote]

I won’t give up bacon either but I never spray chemicals in my yard. Just saying what I had read online

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The question begs to be asked…who puts Roundup on their lawns?
    Or their bacon… )

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

They have grass ready Round-Up formulated to kill weeds, not the lawn. I used. Religiously.

Can’t speak for people and bacon. Bacon around here doesn’t last long at all….10 minutes out of the frying pan max.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.