All around ice rod ?

• Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

If sticking to one rod, you can’t go wrong with a Thorn Brothers Perch Sweetheart. Great action and very versatile. There are other rods and blanks that will fall into this action and you can look into 2 cheaper rods. A power noodle and a ML would cover almost all stuff for MN. 2 lines 2 rods. whistling You can find lots of good off the shelf rods that are inexpensive but not cheap. There are many garage builders on this site that also makes some nice rods.

walleyevision

Thanks to everyone for their input and especially to the guys offering to build a rod. We ended up getting a TBs perch sweatheart. The store is close and we could get it right now. Gotta say, it’s a sweet little rod and will probably be getting one myself now too!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

The Perch Sweetheart is a great blank. I had to make one for myself also. Thorne Brothers sells all their blanks and components if you want to try the enjoyment of making your own rods.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

PS – if you guys are looking for a great little spinning reel, the Piscifun Viper is an awesome reel, 11 bearings, carbon drag and about $35. Use the promo code: friday25 takes 25% off too.

One item to note on the Viper. The handle does not fold. For those looking to store these in a hard case that may be a bit of a issue. The Ice 5 by Piscifun does have a folding handle. Its a few $ cheaper as well. I’m going to order a few to try. I’ll let everyone know what I think when they arrive

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.