Advice on Ice drills for a first time buyer

• James Davey

I currently have an ION but have trouble with my back and am going to try an ice drill. Which one should I get? I am looking for the lightest and easiest with a 7 or 8 inch hole. Also, should I get a Dewalt 20v or Milwaukee 18v? Should I get a regular drill or hammer drill type. I saw a u-tube video of the ICE Bee put out by rapalla. Anyone have any experience with it?
    Thanks again for the help.

Jim

404 ERROR
    MN

The Ice-bee is not available in the US. Not sure if they plan on bringing it over eventually, but I can’t see why they wouldn’t.

I have a Dewalt, many people use Milwaukee. You can’t really go wrong with either. Just be sure to get the biggest drill they offer and buy at least 4AH batteries.

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

I have an ION too and my dad has back problems as well. I don’t know if it hurts you to carry it or to drill, my dad was hurting when he had to bend over to drill the holes, and it helps a lot for him just to put an extention on, even if there’s not much ice so he doesn’t have to bend as much.

Ahren has good advice with trying an extension.

Also, I know you said you’d like 7-8″, but if you could use a 6″, that’s a lot less drilling per hole.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.