Additional battery required to run Helix 9’s, Mega Live, and Mega 360?

• Justin Tischer

I currently have a Helix 7 MSI G3N on my console which is wired directly to a Interstate 27M-XHD cranking battery with 800 CCA and 182RC. I’m going to remove the Helix 7 and replace it with a Helix 9 MSI+ G4N on the console, add a Helix 9 MSI+ G4N to the front bow wired into a 12V cigarette plug in, then install Mega Live and Mega 360 for the units. Do I need to upside my current cranking battery or add a Lithium battery that is only for all 4 of those plus a network hub which that would be linked to my trolling motor? They would all be wired to a blue sea systems fuse panel then main wires would go to the cranking battery. I would only run most likely one Helix 9 and Mega Live or 360 at a same and never all 4 at once.

What AH size would I need if I only fish at most a half of a day to a full day then charge at the end? I do a mix of trolling with my trolling motor only which is on its own batteries and the graph but sometimes troll with the main motor on. I have limited space on my 2012 Alumacraft Classic 165 CS.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I probably would add a dedicated battery. You have 2.4amp draw per helix 9 plus mega live is 1 amp and 360 is also 1 amp. Youre looking at almost 7amps per hour draw if you are using all of it.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I run 3 Helix 12`s Gen 3, Mega Live and Mega 360 using a dual purpose group 31 ( I would up size your battery ) and can make a full day and still start my Optimax. Me personally hate the idea of having to install an extra battery to run my electronics just more to deal with.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.