A MILLE LACS CHALLENGE II

• jeff_huberty
    Inactive

My Family my friends and I,have been long time renters at the Red Door, this is the first time I a can ever remember calling on Wednesday and getting a lakeside cabin on Friday. I went for a walk this AM there was not a single car at the motel, less than half the cabins are occupied. Talk about playing into the hands of your opponent. These people up here need your buisness, there are three boats that I can see from the point. If you don’t help out up here these great communities will become part of the Mile Lacs Band. All of the efforts to save the Mile Lacs fisheries from the DNR & the Mile Lacs band mean absolutely nothing, when the very group of those who urine and moan about the Lake have abandoned those who are still here. Put your selfish pity away for the next several seasons and come on up to help these businesses. I would love to see a bunch of boats out during the October full moon trolling for Northerns, or Muskies, or Smallmouths and if you just happen to hooked up with a Walleye so be it, let him go.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I suppose it helps I have a place on the lake, but I’ll have and will continue to do my part. My goal is to have visited every establishment on and around the lake.

Attachments:
    1. WP_20160630_19_57_30_Pro.jpg

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

My Family my friends and I,have been long time renters at the Red Door, this is the first time I a can ever remember calling on Wednesday and getting a lakeside cabin on Friday. I went for a walk this AM there was not a single car at the motel, less than half the cabins are occupied. Talk about playing into the hands of your opponent. These people up here need your buisness, there are three boats that I can see from the point. If you don’t help out up here these great communities will become part of the Mile Lacs Band. All of the efforts to save the Mile Lacs fisheries from the DNR & the Mile Lacs band mean absolutely nothing, when the very group of those who urine and moan about the Lake have abandoned those who are still here. Put your selfish pity away for the next several seasons and come on up to help these businesses. I would love to see a bunch of boats out during the October full moon trolling for Northerns, or Muskies, or Smallmouths and if you just happen to hooked up with a Walleye so be it, let him go.

Amen…THANKS Jeff.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I will say, some of the resorts have been “proactive” and have more going on than just fishing for walleyes. I am doing my part on the East side waytogo

Mr. Derek
    NULL

I fished the south end today and there were quite a few boats out. The ramps were far from full but the fair weather fishermen weren’t out either.

cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

We going after muskies Oct 22 Not sure where were staying

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

I was one of those boats you could see. Pretty much had the North end of the lake to myself. Just got back from Mille Lacs, pretty windy, but well worth it. btw I stayed at McQuoids.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I’m not sure what the scene looked like a number of years ago at this time of year. I would guess that things would have winded down by now. The walleye season has been shut down for almost a month and then duck season opened Saturday, so maybe it’s not so much different? ???

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Not around full moon periods in September and October. The landings were full restaurants busy, there was that special buzz.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.