A Man So Inspiring

• Sharon
    SE Metro

So I’m getting dressed to mow the backyard this morning after waking up early and sipping a cup of coffee with the boys, when I realize a few things. I’m putting on a tan pair of Duluth Trading Co pants, the exact kind Billy used to wear. I’m putting in his bluetooth earbuds in my ears, the kind that provides noise protection and also allows me to listen to music. I’m slipping my “new” pocket knife into the cargo pocket of my pants, his pocket knife, now mine, into the same pocket he wore it in for all those years. I’m using the mower he picked out, mowing the way he showed me the one or two times I mowed when he was just too busy a few summers ago…

All these things made me realize, maybe Billy isn’t so far out of reach after all. I learned so much from him over our years together and if I’m picking up some of his characteristics, well I can’t imagine a better way to honor him. He was caring, and generous, and was always thinking of how he can help those around him, and he didn’t dwell. He lived in each moment, not worrying about the past and rarely anxious about the future. Hopefully I learn to develop some of these qualities as well. I can’t believe how lucky I am to have been married to such a man, one who continues to inspire, even after he’s gone.

Attachments:
    1. Be-the-things.jpg

bigpike

Thank you Sharon for some more Sunday morning inspiration…

Billy J

WOW, That was beautiful. What a great way to honor him.

B-man

Very sweet Sharon

Sparklesonthewater
    Grinnell, Ia

What a great way to honor him. Didnt have dry eyes when reading,very beautiful

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

waytogo 🤗🤗🤗

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Awesome post and memories. Not the same but when my Dad died a year ago and too early it helped very much to read and see the support on IDO. I’m sure you miss Billy very much but be proud on how you’ve carried on. smile

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I think you’re approaching this in a good way, Sharon. Look for the good things that you two shared, the good memories, and think about that. There is no end of good memories about Billy.

Dad

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Very nice Sharon

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Very good read Sharon. You have moved forward in a very positive way. I tip my hat to you. applause

Deuces

Inspiring write up. Great reminder to find, use, and keep using those “pocketknifes” of my lost loved ones as well.

wave

Sharon
    SE Metro

Thanks for the lovely replies, everyone, and thank you for all your continued support. Thanks for letting me share on here and occasionally ramble on. This road I’m on has been difficult, and likely will be for some time, but the weight and pain of my grief are lessened by all of your thoughts, prayers, and messages – especially the friendships which have developed. I wish I could hug you all!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thanks for the lovely replies, everyone, and thank you for all your continued support. Thanks for letting me share on here and occasionally ramble on. This road I’m on has been difficult, and likely will be for some time, but the weight and pain of my grief are lessened by all of your thoughts, prayers, and messages – especially the friendships which have developed. I wish I could hug you all!

That was a beautiful read sharon, and I hope all is well with you and the 2 boys.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.