6-7 passenger SUVs

• Ripjiggen

Own a CX-5 so not a 90. Looked at them just didn’t need that size for this vehicle.
    2 years old really like it have had zero problems with it. Has a little zip to it.
    Have a pickup for a tow truck so it’s more of the daily driver.
    Was rated top 3 in its class in every source I looked.
    Interior is very nice. Get many compliments on it.
    There a ton of them on the road.
    Didn’t notice that till I bought one.

CaptainMusky

Get a Mazda cx90. My son is a car nut and researches the crap out of these things and says those are the best 3 row out there. Actually any of their SUVs are. It’s what he recommended my wife get if she finally sells he denali

deertracker

Instead of buying a 6-7 passenger SUV, Buy an old drop-top, find a spot to pimp.
    DT

Butthurt2

Whats the idea that a 3rd row is needed?

Every SUV w 3rd row seats are not adequate for anyone over the age of 10, and that’s pushing it. Just seems extra dough and room taken up for a row not needed.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Skip the third row and get a ridgeline waytogo

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Whats the idea that a 3rd row is needed?

Every SUV w 3rd row seats are not adequate for anyone over the age of 10, and that’s pushing it. Just seems extra dough and room taken up for a row not needed.

That was/is my argument to her. Do you buy a vehicle for 98% of the time you drive or for the 2% when there are extra folks.

But the smaller kids are 11 and 13 and their friends are small too. Mostly just to have one vehicle where we can haul more than the Civic can handle. We did just haul 2 adults, 4 kids, a dog, 7 days worth of food, clothes and games up to Vermilion and we needed every inch!

big_g
    Isle, MN

you can get 4 drunks in a 3rd row easily. coffee toast jester

BigWerm
    SW Metro

My wife got a Hyundai Palisade spring a couple springs ago, and loves it. Haven’t towed anything with it, but it’s been great otherwise. Most of the reviews had the Telluride and Palisade at the top of their lists for good reason. I was partial to the Jeep Grand Cherokee L but that had a pretty stiff suspension and rougher ride, but that may be a bonus when towing.

Charles

I got a 2024 Jeep Wagoneer for a rental for the week while my 4runner was in the shop. Damnnnnn that thing was the nicest vechile I have ran, insanly quite and super smooth ride. Now the bad, its a jeep so good look with it hitting 200K and they are stupid pricy at 80K.

Reed

I also have a Traverse, a 2021 LT, and have been very happy with it. I was looking at 4Runners too, but, like someone mentioned, they hadn’t updated it in a very long time and it’s fuel economy just can’t even compare with other SUVs of this class.

MX1825

I had a 2019 Traverse. I had 2 problems with it and both were covered under warranty. Traded it in for leftover 2023 Traverse. The 2024 model went to a turbo 4 cyl. I’m not sold on turbo gas small engines. I average over 23mpg in all types of driving. Can get 31mpg cruising at 70 on the interstate. No towing. I get the towing package just to get the HD cooling and higher output alternator.

boone
    Woodbury, MN

I know you asked about 6-7 passenger SUVs, but have you considered a crew cab truck with a front bench seat? I previously owned three Honda Pilots and was looking to get another a couple of years ago, but the new Pilots seemed so small. And has been mentioned, the 3rd row has no leg room and is only designed for small children. I ended up buying a used Ram 1500 with a crew cab that has a front bench seat. It seats 6 comfortably. I see the new models list the fuel economy as 19/24 mpg. I really don’t see many downsides of a truck vs. an 6-7 passenger SUV other than the larger size if you are garage space limited and slight lower gas mileage. The up sides are plenty of interior room, plenty of cargo space even with the smaller beds compared to SUVs, and plenty of towing power. I guess that’s why you see so many trucks around these days.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I don’t think I’ll ever NOT own a Suburban. Having more room and more power has never been an issue. And, I get almost as good fuel mileage as any smaller SUV. 21 highway without the boat and 15 with the boat.

wkw

I don’t think I’ll ever NOT own a Suburban. Having more room and more power has never been an issue. And, I get almost as good fuel mileage as any smaller SUV. 21 highway without the boat and 15 with the boat.

You took the words right outta my mouth! Go get a Suburban or Gmc with the 6.2 motor and live the dream!

Deuces

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crossin_eyes wrote:</div>

You took the words right outta my mouth! Go get a Suburban or Gmc with the 6.2 motor and live the dream!

Have a yukon xl, love its size, tote the kiddos and whatever friends and cousins that want to come with wherever we go. But when the time comes they are out look forward to downsizing. City guy who gets around in the city, thing is a tank.

6 kids in this truck, all passed out from a day of tubing

Attachments:
    1. 20230723_185457.jpg

Dan Baker

My wife has a 2018 Honda Pilot that we have really been happy with. I was pushing for an Explorer because I think they look more truch like. But I really appreciate the way the Pilot drives and the interior. It has the tow package and is rated for 5K. I have pulled my Competitor 185 with it without issue. It’s not as good as towing with my F150, but it is more than enough for an SUV.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

My wife has a 2018 Honda Pilot that we have really been happy with. I was pushing for an Explorer because I think they look more truch like. But I really appreciate the way the Pilot drives and the interior. It has the tow package and is rated for 5K. I have pulled my Competitor 185 with it without issue. It’s not as good as towing with my F150, but it is more than enough for an SUV.

My gal had a Pilot leased and I didnt like driving it. I like Honda’s, our other car is a Civic, but it just wasnt comfortable for me.

Dan Baker

Interesting, the Pilot was the only Honda I do like driving. She had an Odessy and an Accord and I didn’t care for them.

Brad Dimond

Yesterday I traded in my 2013 Pilot on a 2022 4Runner. They gave me a surprisingly good value on the Pilot (originally planned on selling it myself, had a good idea of the value) and a decent price on the 4Runner. My wife laughed out loud when I told her driving the 4Runner reminded me of driving the 2001 Durango I used to have. Smaller interior than the Pilot but I shouldn’t be banging the underside on the crown of the unimproved fire road that is the driveway to our hunting shack.

tim hurley

Really like my Pilot, would reccomend the Touring trim or whatever gets you the tranny cooler. Not the vehicle if you tow every day-I tow once to 2x a week.

Viewing 20 posts - 31 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.