50/50 Snap Weight Question

• Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

Guys – I’m likely going to use Sufix 832 Lead Core for Lakers in 4 weeks in Ontario banking on them being at 35ft but if I tried Snap Weights with a Deep Tail Dancer Instead would I simply calculate the 50ft of line depth on its own, and subtract that from the weight depth curve?

I’m cornfused.

munchy
    NULL

shock ???

I’ll take the laker fishing, but hold the math please.

smash

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

My two cents are the big ones are lot deeper. Good luck!

Yellow Fever
    Kingston Ontario

There is likely no exact science to what you are going….trial and error and then publish the paper

Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

I’ll stick to a non diver and drink

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Guys – I’m likely going to use Sufix 832 Lead Core for Lakers in 4 weeks in Ontario banking on them being at 35ft but if I tried Snap Weights with a Deep Tail Dancer Instead would I simply calculate the 50ft of line depth on its own, and subtract that from the weight depth curve?

I’m cornfused.

Yes.

One a side note you’ll be able to get 35′ out of a TD-11 by itself at 165′ back if you run it using 832 superline.

David Lowry

I am assuming you are talking dive curve related to the snap weight. Such as standard depth of lets say feet back of a particular lure of a tail dancer. A rough estimate I use is with each 1/4 of weight I will gain an extra foot of depth roughly. So using your dive curve will roughly gain 4 ft of depth with each ounce of weight added. Now this gets tricky because you need to take into consideration your speed, the line diameter, and the current in the water at which your lure is at. Also where you place the weight. I place my snap weights a minimum of 20 ft in front of the lure and a maximum of 60 ft in front of the lure. There comes a point that line out in the curve will be at max depth no matter how much line you let out. When those deeper depths need to be achieved switch to dypsies and tadpoles which will allow you to stay deeper more consistently due to the lip of the weight pulling the lure down.

Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

Thank you on both counts Will –

My new Accudepths should make this easy, either way I go.

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.