4" on Red – Open to Foot traffic this Friday

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Rogers’ on RED
    21 hours ago
    We will be open to foot traffic out to the second break this Friday.
    So at the first break we have 4 inches this is typically 8 feet of water and this year it is 4. Then at the second break were it is typically 10 feet of water we have 7.5 feet for reference!
    Scott was already marking fish. What I like about the setup is we have a good visual line of were to go and not to. We will still be keeping and eye on things as they develop and expect to be gaining ice over the next couple of days. The grandkids have been kissed goodbye.
    Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, outdoor and nature
    Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor, water and nature

Gitchi Gummi

The title of this thread is misleading – they only have 4 inches of ice out to first break. JR’s corner also reported 4 inches.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Everybody is trying to get a jump on the almighty $$$$$$. Use your own common sense when dealing with ice. Remember fish from a grocery store is cheap when compared to locating a drowned fisherman who couldn’t wait.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

The title of this thread is misleading – they only have 4 inches of ice out to first break. JR’s corner also reported 4 inches.

You are correct. That is the water level. redface redface redface

gotalunker
    Zimmerman, MN

i wont be there. I’m hard up for hard water just like everyone else, but i’m not going to die for a fish.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Everybody is trying to get a jump on the almighty $$$$$$. Use your own common sense when dealing with ice. Remember fish from a grocery store is cheap when compared to locating a drowned fisherman who couldn’t wait.

This tragedy occurred Monday on Red lake and no word yet on if the two missing fisherman have been found. They were out on open water but the ice conditions are what hampered the search/rescue efforts. The irony here…I guess, is that they were fishing for the Red Lake Fisheries. For fish that you would buy at the grocery store. sad

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/06/2-fishermen-missing-after-boat-capsizes-on-northern-minnesota-lake/

gvmn41

JR’s Corner Facebook Post
    “The fun early season stuff has started, the ice is starting to shift therefore a crack has opened from the reservation line to east of our resort. For everyone’s safety we are gonna hold off with foot traffic until the ice seems to stop shifting. Things do change quickly around here so stay tuned as we will let everyone know when we think it is safe to access the lake again”

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ve retrofitted my ice castle with ample foamage, planning on trying to pull that sucker out this weekend up there so I can claim my spot. If the ice goes it will float and hopefully not move too far off the spot on the spot.

Probably no snow though, so I’ll have to put some chains on the 3/4 ton to pull it out.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’ve retrofitted my ice castle with ample foamage, planning on trying to pull that sucker out this weekend up there so I can claim my spot. If the ice goes it will float and hopefully not move too far off the spot on the spot.

Probably no snow though, so I’ll have to put some chains on the 3/4 ton to pull it out.

Better put some sand bags in the back of the 3/4 for traction.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.