4 Days of Epic Catfishing

• 3Rivers

I know several of you here have made the trek to Lockport for big Channel Cats. We’ve been doing it for 15 years now and this year did not disappoint.

3.5 days and just shy of 400 cats with our best one day at 141 and best one hour at 33!

It’s simply unbelievable and hard to explain just how good it can be. 99% of the fish we caught are considered fish of a lifetime and you can just casually catch them one after another. Imagine catching 30″ Walleyes, or 20″ Bass or 16″ Crappies one after another until your arms fall off. That’s what this is…

Ripjiggen

Man nice work brings back memories. We used to go every year. Been about 10 years.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

awesome cats!!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I want to do this trip. That looks fricken awesome

Karry Kyllo

I’ve been there and done that but it was somewhat disappointing for me because it wasn’t a challenge to catch huge channel cats. It was too easy.

isu22andy

Where is lock port ? Only thing that comes up is Illinois but the dam doesn’t look familiar . Thanks for sharing – you should head down to Venice LA and chase those big blues

Ripjiggen

I want to do this trip. That looks fricken awesome

If you ever want to go let me know. I have wanted to go back and it’s pretty easy fishing.

3Rivers

I’ve been there and done that but it was somewhat disappointing for me because it wasn’t a challenge to catch huge channel cats. It was too easy.

Imagine being disappointed in catching too many big fish. LOL

3Rivers

Where is lock port ? Only thing that comes up is Illinois but the dam doesn’t look familiar . Thanks for sharing – you should head down to Venice LA and chase those big blues

Yes, there are many places around the US that are on my list. Just need to find some time to do it. In the intro to the first video, I included many specific details about the how, where’s and when’s if anyone wants to try this trip.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.