39 Hours – Season 2!!!

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I’d like to do a contest on here, or just with buddies for a weekend from 5 pm Friday to 9 am Sunday for MN popular species. Walleye, Muskie, Northern, LM, SM, Crappie etc.

Im thinking about something similar. Think the less restrictions on species, size or area the better. Switching maybe 39 hours to 39 days. That way you can fish when you want or can, plan trips for different species and it might make the up grading aspect of the contest real interesting. Also wondering what to do with teams for a extended contest. Either make it individually or 2 person teams but dont need to be fishing with that person to register a fish. This is so you are not stuck in the boat with one person all summer. Lastly would be what to use for a leader board.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’d like to do a contest on here, or just with buddies for a weekend from 5 pm Friday to 9 am Sunday for MN popular species. Walleye, Muskie, Northern, LM, SM, Crappie etc.

Im thinking about something similar. Think the less restrictions on species, size or area the better. Switching maybe 39 hours to 39 days. That way you can fish when you want or can, plan trips for different species and it might make the up grading aspect of the contest real interesting. Also wondering what to do with teams for a extended contest. Either make it individually or 2 person teams but dont need to be fishing with that person to register a fish. This is so you are not stuck in the boat with one person all summer. Lastly would be what to use for a leader board.

It could just be a thread on here, or there’s a Fish Donkey app if money is involved. I’d probably extend it to 42 hours, so you can fish until noon on Sunday and people are encouraged to sleep. 39 Days would be fun, but I have a little kid and probably another on the way soon so for me a weekend away fishing is do-able, while maximizing my time over 39 days is unrealistic.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

This sounds like it would be a great idea. We could do a GTG on one lake and do a 10 hour one so it could be all wrapped up in one day. (That would not be the same.) I would like to do a xx hour/day one but I normally don’t have the time to get away from the family for that long.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

What about a Monday-Wednesday instead of the weekend? I think it would be easier and safer to travel. Easier and cheaper to make reservations. I find time away from the family is easier because everyone is at daycare, school or work for most of the time away.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thats what I was thinking the appeal of a 39 day contest would be. If a person couldn’t find time to fish multiple times in a 39 day period….

Was just thinking of the species we caught and targeted last year.

Walleye, sauger, sturgeon, flathead, channel cat, suckers, carp, buffalo, sunfish, crappies, mooneye, rocko, small mouth, large mouth, pike, white bass. perch.

Wouldn’t be to hard to add a few more to.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Thats what I was thinking the appeal of a 39 day contest would be. If a person couldn’t find time to fish multiple times in a 39 day period….

I agree with werm on this because it would put people with kids at a serious disadvantage. It’s so much easier to dedicate a few days in a row than try and pick multiple days over a month plus.

Maybe if you did 39 days with a maximum of 10 days fished during that period. You’d have to check in when you start fishing and register any fish during that period.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

39 Days would be fun, but I have a little kid and probably another on the way soon so for me a weekend away fishing is do-able, while maximizing my time over 39 days is unrealistic.
    [/quote]

Werm and I meet up and fish 1-2 days per year in Park Rapids.. Which between kids and work feels like about 50% of the time I’m able to spend in a boat with another adult! Let’s just say that if anyone starts a contest called 3.9 hours we’re in!!!

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I would like to see them do a 39 hours in just manitoba. athapapaskow, kississing lake, clearwater lake and I am sure there is another similar type lake. Would think travel manitoba would be all over it showcasing the big fish caught in one weekend.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

great series and sounds like it will only get bigger. Maybe more teams? hint hint to some of the IDO staff….really disappointed in team Acme. Eric can fish circles around many guys and why the F did they spend half their time looking for a stupid 10″ gill. heck, I have caught a thousand of those and maybe a handful close to 10″. complete waste of time. preparation was terrible with no real gameplan unlike the other teams. maybe its in the rules but sticking on one or two bodies of water will give you best chance for multiple species in the lower 48. what better place than the Mississippi?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Make it 39 hours over a 2 month window over 4 specified rivers / lakes. You need to fish 3 lakes 10 hours and 1 lake only 9 hours. You pick when your team is fishing what lake / river.

St. Croix River
    Mississippi River
    Mille Lacs Lake
    Clearwater Lake

Award 1 point for big fish, 2 points for a steal?

Deuces

Great finish. Watching that bottom 39hr symbol you knew there was no coming back, and on the last day all those guys were toast.

Saw the Kemp jersey and thought MTB was going all the way grin

The diversity in fishes Aaron knows shows thru here. Well done.

I’d opt for 2 weeks or around that for the unofficial Ido version. Some concessions need to be made and if it gets to far drawn out then it gets watered down. Then it comes down to timing, last week in May thru middle June to include the muskellunge?

Jonesy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jonesy wrote:</div>
    I get the safety aspect and all that but it has gone from an actual grind it out fishing contest to something more made for TV. Taking breaks for sleep and for travel.

If you’d consider watching another few episodes you’d soon find that the groups still catch hardly any sleep. They use that break time by driving to the next location and preparing for the day. You’re missing out!

Perhaps. But I feel the weight of making a move would be heavier if it actually cost them time.

Either way I loathe the guys on team USA so I’m not sure I would get much entertainment.

Jonesy

Haataja is no slouch. He’s a legit Great Lakes angler, period. World record brown trout don’t just jump in the boat.

I don’t think anybody questions whether or not Haataja is a good angler. I’d say hes great. He’s just a bigger asshole.

Deuces

Some of you get pretty worked up over fishing guys in TV.

Peric didn’t bother me much at all this whole series.

Viewing 14 posts - 151 through 164 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.