39 Hours – Season 2!!!

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Morel King wrote:</div>
    Say what u want about team USA but Eric haataja is one helluva angler and apbassin is a monster in this YouTube fish game ,I dont understand why there so much hate towards these cats

Eric is a great angler and a good guy to represent team ACME but that other guy is painful to watch. Unless you have a high tolerance for pouty guys from Chicago. I don’t think this format needs AP’s help but must not hurt because they picked him for some reason. My answer to this question is that Jay is smart.. Every good show has a good guy and a bad guy. They have hours of content to edit and show the personalities of these guys how they want it to be viewed. Maybe he is a positive guy but I don’t see it here. Not hating, I just don’t like the guy )

I think Peric was on it for two reasons. Aaron is friends with him ( for whatever reason), and they knew that Perics audience (which while its gone down some because of the way he’s acted lately, is still massive) would give it a big boost.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buschman wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Morel King wrote:</div>
    Say what u want about team USA but Eric haataja is one helluva angler and apbassin is a monster in this YouTube fish game ,I dont understand why there so much hate towards these cats

Eric is a great angler and a good guy to represent team ACME but that other guy is painful to watch. Unless you have a high tolerance for pouty guys from Chicago. I don’t think this format needs AP’s help but must not hurt because they picked him for some reason. My answer to this question is that Jay is smart.. Every good show has a good guy and a bad guy. They have hours of content to edit and show the personalities of these guys how they want it to be viewed. Maybe he is a positive guy but I don’t see it here. Not hating, I just don’t like the guy )

I think Peric was on it for two reasons. Aaron is friends with him ( for whatever reason), and they knew that Perics audience (which while its gone down some because of the way he’s acted lately, is still massive) would give it a big boost.

This is spot on. He’s on it for his audience through his YouTube channel…not because he’s a top multi-species angler.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think the twins will pull ahead for the win next episode…they are good fisherman… I’d like to see Aaron go back to the Walleye spot he was fishing last time and see if he can get that hog he lost..

Cody Meyers

I think that the only vulnerable point the Konrads have right now is their sauger. I am really curious to see how much point trading happens this episode.

buschman
    Pool 2

I am looking forward to watching tonights.. I hope team ACME gets a little lucky.. They have options..
    They do have a few lock species if they can just catch them.. Flathead, Musky, Bowfin and shovelnose sturgeon. Not easy targets but all available to them. Even if they can get 1-2 quick and start pulling points from the other guys somehow. I still think the Walleye, Pike, Sauger, Crappie, White Bass are beatable. If I were them I would leave trout be.. My guess is the Konrads are going to get them a Rainbow and something else crazy to push them ahead unless someone can steal a point from them.
    Eric knows the great lakes good. Curious if they stick it out on the big water or go inland and try to grab points.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Tonight’s episode should have quite a few points being swapped around. The fatigue factor seems to be more of an issue in this format than the original format. Now they seem to just put the extra rest/break time into more traveling which is still obviously exhausting.

This all looks so easy on an edited show. The hours of driving, rigging, planning, and second guessing yourself will never be in a typical episode. I love when people say that certain points/species can be an “easy upgrade” in the comments section or forums. There are some world class fish being caught. A 30″ walleye could maybe be topped – sure. However, would you bet you can do it in a few hours? Catching a 16″ sauger isn’t a major feat, but would you drive a couple hours out of the way before spending a few more hours to do it?

Could you all fish with AP or Taro for this length of time when dead tired? There is absolutely no way that I could do it.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Peric is a whiny little biach, I have no problem with Eric, but yes they want Peric’s following.

I think it will come right down to Jay and Aaron vs Konrads, but the twins pull it out.

Dennis Williams
    Apple Valley, MN

Does anyone know if there is a tie-breaker, total length of all fish?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Last time there was a tie the went to OT.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The ACME team has all but quit. They spent an entire period looking for a 10″ bluegill. Hopefully the final episode skips right over them and doesn’t waste viewing time.

The Tackle box.com group isn’t far behind in the “waving the white flag” category. They fished for perch for what seemed like a long time. They didn’t seem to have another plan to use the time gathering points. Taro as the guy at the wheel making location decisions seems to be a questionable move.

It’s all down to Manitoba and the brothers. That Goldeye was huge for Manitoba. I fully expect the brothers to get the burbot and probably the pike as well yet.

Deuces

Acme was looking for a rocko and a gill, tackle box was perchin, whiteing and a northern there Bucky. I agree with you tho, acme is done. The behind the scenes stuff as you say has to be brutal!

Tackle box still has an outside shot if no more points are scored and rather stolen away. At this point team acme can change others course.

The brothers can be pretty hampered at the end here with no cell service. Might be fishing for something that’s off the table already or stolen.

Was good to see taro get all serious, a side I haven’t seen. They get that perch to the net and they’re back in it.

2 more minutes at that landing! Can’t make it up. Aaron’s boat seems to be bit by the mechanical failure bug with these. Was his impellor last season

Exciting finale.

sticker

Team tackle box is done, A full period shore fishing for 7″ white crappies then follow it up with this weak effort, naw, they are done. Taro is about as interested in fishing as he is in the sky color. It would be tough to be his partner.

Team acme is also done, not a chance, a lot of the time they had one guy spotting and one guy fishing! REALLY, get 2 lines in the water all the time. Floating around non emergency mode enjoying the sunshine, mean while they are 6-8 points behind the leader. ZERO sense of ergency, ZERO! Done!!!

Dennis Williams
    Apple Valley, MN

Aaron is interesting to watch. He probably outfishes Jay 2:1 or anyone else in the boat. He sees the fish 1st. He knows how and when to use the fly rod. He is just one of those guys that is dialed in on the water. For some reason I noticed he uses the foot pedal left or right footed. He just switches depending on what side Jay is standing on. The twins are set up the best for the last segment with their plan for the evening. It is going to be close.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Last time there was a tie the went to OT.

I want to go fish those places. Casting cranks for big walleyes on a river. Then the other team sticks three 30″ walleyes. Sign me up.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

I liked last nights ep. It was cool to hear team Manitoba’s plan and then just watch them work it perfectly (granted Aaron does the editing so he prob massaged that to make it look legendary). The only hick up was not getting a 40min chance at whitefish or cisco due to tire issues. Also, Aaron laying the hammer on pike and them fighting them on a fly rod always brings a smile to my face and I don’t even fly fish.

I know stealing is huge but it seemed like the Conrads made their first bigger mistake fishing a brown trout lake for tiger trout. This is a lake that one of their friends “caught a tiger in last summer.” Once they stroked 5 or so browns for 3 hours you think they woulda bounced. However, if they beat team manitobas tiger I probably wouldn’t be saying this. Hind sight 2020 and all.

Trying to put yourself in the competitors shoes this is a very tough, and grueling tournament style. I would guess almost everyone who has fished a fishing tourney on this site has fished a style where you are on ONE body of water, fishing 1-3 different species max, and ONE DAY, and you just want max length/weight for a set number of fish.

Instead you now can fish anywhere in your area, and you want to get on the best fish in your area so that means you will travel max distance needed for that, so you drive or fly with switching drivers and not sleeping in time between fishing periods. Then, you have to change and change and change you plan based on how other people steal you points. Its like tournament fishing strategy times 100!

Charles

Just a side not Thrive Visuals does the editing which is Jays company. Its pretty cool its going to come down to the Manitoba and conrads, it will be interesting to see what the conrads will do.

Did the first 39hours go into a tie breaker? I can’t remember that far back.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Just a side not Thrive Visuals does the editing which is Jays company.

I believe it was a joint effort. Jay did an interview with Taro and Aaron did all the editing for season one and was reluctant to do it again because of how much work it was. That’s when Jay offered to help which kicked off season two.

I remember that Aaron and the Conrad’s went into OT in season one. The Conrad’s won.

sticker

According to the live feed after this episode I don’t think there will be a tie. They talked about the last episode being the finale, so there must be a clear winner in regulation.

Yes the first 39 hours was a tie and went to overtime, that was really cool. Longest walleye in each period takes the period. Konrads won.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

I believe it was a joint effort.

Correct, cut and dry (see image). Jay produced it through Thrive (his company), Jay’s Summer intern and Aaron did the editing.

Attachments:
    1. the-troof.jpg

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

The brothers can be pretty hampered at the end here with no cell service. Might be fishing for something that’s off the table already or stolen.

That’s a good point.

Aaron is interesting to watch. He probably outfishes Jay 2:1 or anyone else in the boat. He sees the fish 1st. He knows how and when to use the fly rod.

Jay’s no slouch, but obviously Wiebe’s a great angler. In the live stream after last night’s episode Jay was talking about how he was jealous Wiebe got to use the fly rod for that pike while he was stuck using the swimbait as a search bait.

hossfisher

The season 1 tiebreaker would have gone a lot differently had Aaron and Manny not had to spend all of period 1 trying to fix a stripped impeller. They were on some huge walleye sharp-shooting them with jigging raps and were one lost fish away from making it real interesting.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I never knew how bad of a fisherman A$$ Peric was. Wow, my 8 year old can net a fish better than him. If I saw him in a show I would just skip watching it so I would not have to hear him speak. At least he has been better in this show than anything I have seen him in in the past. Because of this thread I had to watch the show. There are some nice fish getting into the boats.

B-man

“It could be a Persian Carp or something”

——————-

What a great series to watch

I hope there is a season 3

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

So entertaining. Such cool fish. Top notch editing. Unreal series.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Hell of a ride and finish!
    IT’S OVER!! toast

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Spoiler Alert!!
    1st place went to…..
    2nd place is ……
    3rd was …….
    and 4th ..
    jester

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Be sure and catch the “Live Stream Q&A” after the last episode.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Great show.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Spoiler Alert!!
    1st place went to…..
    2nd place is ……
    3rd was …….
    and 4th ..
    jester

I won’t spoil it, but AP and Eric did finish top 5… rotflol Great series!

I’d like to do a contest on here, or just with buddies for a weekend from 5 pm Friday to 9 am Sunday for MN popular species. Walleye, Muskie, Northern, LM, SM, Crappie etc.

sticker

I have to be honest, I thought the twins still had an hour or so to fish when it ended. I was expecting the Konrads to steal a couple more and get it real close. All of a sudden they checked in and it was over. Was a great show, just didn’t expect that big of a lead for team Manitoba at the end.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.