39 Hours – Season 2!!!

• Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

That brown… incredible

That was the most excited I’ve ever been watching someone fish on TV.
    This season has definitely lived up to the billing.

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

The Konrads definitly have this dialed, they’ve been preparing and planning their game plan for such a long time now. If they don’t win again, I think it will probably be Manitoba, I feel like Taro and Paul have run out of garbage fish to catch, and I don’t think Acme planned this out well enough.

B-man

What a monster brown!

There’s some toads like that in Lake Michigan, one day I’m going after them

tangler
    Inactive

My money is on the brothers. They just don’t seem to waste time on a species and strike out. They could steal the rainbow point or the walleye point I think, and Splake and Brook Trout are definitely possible too.

Aaron and Jay are never outta the game, but they spent a lot of time on splake with nothing to show for it.

Team Acme is a joke in terms of strategy. I’m sure Haataja figured he could lock up the brownie point in the final period, all he has to do now is match his own world record!

Questionable for Paul and Taro to spend an entire period shore fishing. So it was raining. Big deal?

buschman
    Pool 2

Team Acme is a joke in terms of strategy. I’m sure Haataja figured he could lock up the brownie point in the final period, all he has to do now is match his own world record!

I sure hope they do another and keep AP out of the mix next time… I don’t like to be negative but he seems to bring bad vibes to that boat. I don’t know the guy or if he is a good fisherman but he sure did not bring much game to the table if you ask me.. You need two good sticks and minds to compete with these guys. Eric is on his own there! Hope they finish well anyways. Time will tell.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tangler wrote:</div>

I sure hope they do another and keep AP out of the mix next time… I don’t like to be negative but he seems to bring bad vibes to that boat. I don’t know the guy or if he is a good fisherman but he sure did not bring much game to the table if you ask me.. You need two good sticks and minds to compete with these guys. Eric is on his own there! Hope they finish well anyways. Time will tell.

He’s definitely out of his element in Eric’s world. It’s never easy fishing someone else’s home waters.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Team Acme is hard to watch. They are always running late, the boat is an absolute mess. AP couldn’t untangle the net from the rods and was almost unable to net that fish and of course the classic couldn’t find the jerk bait rod for that Musky. Never heard of Alex before, someone mentioned APbassing. Looked it up on you tube and the guy has 780K in subscribers. Wow

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

keep AP out of the mix next time…he sure did not bring much game to the table if you ask me.

Lol…
    He brings 780,000 subscribers on YouTube.
    That’s 560,000 more than Uncut Angling.
    Plus his Frostbite connection to Wiebe.
    And, oh yeah, sponsored by Alumacraft.

tangler
    Inactive

keep AP out of the mix next time…he sure did not bring much game to the table if you ask me.

Lol…
    He brings 780,000 subscribers on YouTube.
    That’s 560,000 more than Uncut Angling.
    Plus his Frostbite connection to Wiebe.
    And, oh yeah, sponsored by Alumacraft.

All that, but not many fish in the boat.

I haven’t been nearly as annoyed by him as everyone seems to suggest. Don’t watch his vids so not sure what his deal is, just commenting on performance in this show.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

I have feeling peric is in a dark place right now and haven’t gotten out of the funk. Between his gpa dying and his girlfriend officially dumping him.

I’d sure like to know the juicy details behind these claims! Pook kid. He was too much to handle in the first episode introductions, but not so bad since. He does seem quite out of place though. Really awkward pairing between he and Eric. That said, props to Paul for putting up with Taro. I’d go nuts if I had a partner that jabbered nonsense all day and night, especially while stressed and running on no sleep. I couldnt do it! chased

Charles

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Charles wrote:</div>
    I have feeling peric is in a dark place right now and haven’t gotten out of the funk. Between his gpa dying and his girlfriend officially dumping him.

I’d sure like to know the juicy details behind these claims! Pook kid. He was too much to handle in the first episode introductions, but not so bad since. He does seem quite out of place though. Really awkward pairing between he and Eric. That said, props to Paul for putting up with Taro. I’d go nuts if I had a partner that jabbered nonsense all day and night, especially while stressed and running on no sleep. I couldnt do it! chased

If you watch APbassing you would know, but not a lot a people can stomach him.

Man the Konrads are just killing this series with how many big fish they are getting so, I wonder what there next move is? I saw some mentions that Paul and Taro might be running over to Simcoe, could kill the perch size if they do.

tangler
    Inactive

That said, props to Paul for putting up with Taro. I’d go nuts if I had a partner that jabbered nonsense all day and night, especially while stressed and running on no sleep. I couldnt do it!

I actually find him entertaining. Paul and Taro are a great team. It works because Paul’s not afraid to call him an idiot and make fun of his sneakers, etc. If only Haataja would rib AP that way they would be entertaining too.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

the mix of personalities has all of us watching, and talking about it. the most recent one did 75k views in just one day.

sometimes their fishing is worth watching too. whistling

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Great episode and the Konrad’s have 2 truly epic fish this season, it’s unreal. Both trout were bigger than you will see come out of the Charters on Superior in an entire summer! I get anxiety watching all the rods and junk laying around in AP and Erik’s boat, and then they don’t even have a rod ready for what they wanted for the muskie lol.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

This was likely filmed last June or maybe even two years ago. I don’t know what happened to peric in that time. I think he was just being peric in front of a non-googan camera.

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tbro16 wrote:</div>
    That said, props to Paul for putting up with Taro. I’d go nuts if I had a partner that jabbered nonsense all day and night, especially while stressed and running on no sleep. I couldnt do it!

I actually find him entertaining. Paul and Taro are a great team. It works because Paul’s not afraid to call him an idiot and make fun of his sneakers, etc. If only Haataja would rib AP that way they would be entertaining too.

X2 on Tangler!

Deuces

Firstly, I’m going to buy something from every sponsor that is supporting this. I know alot people have their tv programs they watch in general, but since I don’t watch any tv hardly this is as good as it gets for an entertainment value.

The straight face shot and laugh the Konrad brother had after team Manitoba reaction to their brown was hardest I laughed at a fishing show.

Acmes boat mess makes me want to shoot myself in the face. Disorganized and last place, not coincidental.

Fun stuff.

TipUpFishOn

I thought it was very cool of Taro and Paul to give the kid one of the Tackle Box Lottery boxes after he gave them some pointers. You could see it made his day.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Enjoyed the show they did on delivering the fishing poles to Northern Manitoba. Long haul to get those kids the fishing poles.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tbro16 wrote:</div>

I actually find him entertaining. Paul and Taro are a great team. It works because Paul’s not afraid to call him an idiot and make fun of his sneakers, etc.

I absolutely agree with you! They’re hilarious! Between the all white brand new sneakers (Jordan’s?) and the slick throwback basketball jerseys Taro is always wearing, it’s hard not to cheer for them. Just saying I’d have a hard time putting up with the blabbering coming out of his mouth around the clock if I were fishing with him for 3 days straight. Entertaining for the viewers of the show though!

Jonesy

I could not finish the first episode of this season. I loved season 1 but they ruined it with the new format.

I get the safety aspect and all that but it has gone from an actual grind it out fishing contest to something more made for TV. Taking breaks for sleep and for travel. I mean I get why but it just cheapens the whole thing for me.

Then they top it off by having team USA made up of 2 absolute douchebags.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

I get the safety aspect and all that but it has gone from an actual grind it out fishing contest to something more made for TV. Taking breaks for sleep and for travel.

If you’d consider watching another few episodes you’d soon find that the groups still catch hardly any sleep. They use that break time by driving to the next location and preparing for the day. You’re missing out!

Deuces

It’s an absolute grind, just over DAYS now. Just as good a format bc it allows us to see more bodies of water.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Say what u want about team USA but Eric haataja is one helluva angler and apbassin is a monster in this YouTube fish game ,I dont understand why there so much hate towards these cats

tangler
    Inactive

Haataja is no slouch. He’s a legit Great Lakes angler, period. World record brown trout don’t just jump in the boat.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I think the brothers have the advantage going into the last period. I think they will score and keep a minimum of 2 more species/points. They seem calm yet calculated in what they’re doing.

The mental fatigue is really starting to show for a couple teams. The shore fishing for white crappie idea seemed like a waste of time and will prove costly. The team that couldn’t get the muskie to hit is in shambles. They’re too disorganized and aren’t thinking ahead enough to ever threaten the other teams. Team Manitoba would’ve been in a much better spot if they landed that splake to close the period.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Team Manitoba has a chance to steal the northern pike I would be disappointed to see anything less than 40″ take that. I thought the shore fishing was a wasted opportunity too, wonder if they are just out of ideas. I don’t know where AP head is at, seems like a pouty brat. I watched a Haataja video last night and not sure what I think of him other than I could not fish out of his boat way to disorganized and he really does not seem that interested in winning the 39 hours. Kinda think going into this he knew it was Konrads or Manitoba game to win although Paul and Taro rough fish really was surprising and good strategy.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Enjoyed the show they did on delivering the fishing poles to Northern Manitoba. Long haul to get those kids the fishing poles.

Agree what a fishing trip! I could not even envision taking a trip like that.

buschman
    Pool 2

Say what u want about team USA but Eric haataja is one helluva angler and apbassin is a monster in this YouTube fish game ,I dont understand why there so much hate towards these cats

Eric is a great angler and a good guy to represent team ACME but that other guy is painful to watch. Unless you have a high tolerance for pouty guys from Chicago. I don’t think this format needs AP’s help but must not hurt because they picked him for some reason. My answer to this question is that Jay is smart.. Every good show has a good guy and a bad guy. They have hours of content to edit and show the personalities of these guys how they want it to be viewed. Maybe he is a positive guy but I don’t see it here. Not hating, I just don’t like the guy )

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.