39 Hours – Season 2!!!

• luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tbro16 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>munchy wrote:</div>
    I’m trying to figure out what this posting is supposed to mean? As far as I can tell the page is run by Aaron Wiebe

Sure sounds like he is well aware of the chirping/hate towards this peric guy, just doesn’t give a rats about it lol. I’ve personally never heard of him, so I’m curious to see what hes like. Is he actually a fool or is it the typical boomer bs around here? whistling

No, I’d say he’s a tool. You can watch his APBassin videos and decide for yourself, he has some thrilling click bait titles like “Stopped by the DNR again” and “Kicked out of a Hotel”. I’d say he’s a young version of what Sconnie’s call a FIB. I’m not sure why Haajata get’s hated on though?

There’s a video floating around of Haataja going off on a guy for “snagging”. The video was clearly edited to show him in the worst possible way. I think he’s just really protective of the waters he guides in and is a very passionate person in general. I’d fish with Haataja any time, Peric, I’d pass.

zooks

I’m trying to figure out what this posting is supposed to mean? As far as I can tell the page is run by Aaron Wiebe (or whomever he has working for him).

Wiebe is very aware of the what people are saying about Peric, they talk about it when Wiebe picks him up from the airport here. I’m looking forward to the new season, too.

hop307
    Northern Todd County

Is it January 15th yet.

Jake
    Brainerd

There’s a video floating around of Haataja going off on a guy for “snagging”. The video was clearly edited to show him in the worst possible way. I think he’s just really protective of the waters he guides in and is a very passionate person in general. I’d fish with Haataja any time, Peric, I’d pass.

If you have never actually fished with him, you might sing a different tune. He’ll never get money from me again.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

If you have never actually fished with him, you might sing a different tune. He’ll never get money from me again.

You don’t have to get into dirty details but if you could generalize here I’d appreciate it. I was thinking about booking a trip with him this Spring….

Or a DM might be a better option.

Charles

I have feeling peric is in a dark place right now and haven’t gotten out of the funk. Between his gpa dying and his girlfriend officially dumping him.

Any who…

Trivia question!
    What YouTube channel did Aaron get the idea of 39hrs from?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Housewives of You Tube? grin

munchy
    NULL

This season is definitely not disappointing shock

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Taro is still annoying, but the fishing is good!

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

The impact of streaming means there’s almost nothing anymore outside of football that’s “appointment television” that you have to watch when it airs. The last two weeks have gifted us with Jeopardy’s GOAT tournament and 39 Hours. We live in a golden age. toast

Taro is still annoying, but the fishing is good!

I’m still undecided on whether I’m more entertained by the Konrad brothers’ intensity or Taro’s devil-may-care approach. The look on Wiebe’s face when he realized the Konrads were using a plane was priceless.
    Pretty awesome first period all around.

Charles

I bet there will be rules next time around for using a plane.

That’s a huge Trout they got up there.

munchy
    NULL

I bet there will be rules next time around for using a plane.

Why? As long as they stay in their region. It’s all for fun and bragging rights anyway. All the winnings get donated.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I think I was as annoyed by everyone that was late, as the contestants were, but that may be due to my own anxiety over punctuality. If you’re early you’re on time! lol Taro seemed like he was on drugs or something, but those rough fish are a huge advantage for them. I still like the Konrad’s chances.

zooks

Eh, I don’t mind Taro, I think he’s mostly just funny. The Konrads are hilarous too but that’s because they sound just like Bob and Doug McKenzie.

Episode 2 was pretty good, looking forward to the rest of the season.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think I was as annoyed by everyone that was late, as the contestants were, but that may be due to my own anxiety over punctuality. If you’re early you’re on time! lol Taro seemed like he was on drugs or something, but those rough fish are a huge advantage for them. I still like the Konrad’s chances.

That shad was incredible!

I don’t really know the Konrads at all but from watching these videos they just annoy me….Maybe it’s just the beady eyes and flapping heads…..(South Park joke about Canadians). They are probably nice guys in real life….

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Eh, I don’t mind Taro, I think he’s mostly just funny. The Konrads are hilarous too but that’s because they sound just like Bob and Doug McKenzie.

Episode 2 was pretty good, looking forward to the rest of the season.

Yeah I like Taro too, he just seemed extra jittery and all over the place, which is saying something since that’s his default mode. You nailed the Konrad’s, they are straight out of central casting for Canadian twin brothers if they just mixed in some more hockey references lol.

bassh8er

I just can’t figure out how this doesn’t have more views? I feel like the forums I’m on are the only guys watching these.

munchy
    NULL

I just can’t figure out how this doesn’t have more views? I feel like the forums I’m on are the only guys watching these.

I’m guessing it’s because of the length. Many people don’t have time to watch an hour long video. Heck the first series it took me over a year to get through all of them because I just didn’t have the time to devote.

But IMO 60k views in 24hrs is pretty dang good for a fishing show. It takes most IDO shows a month to get there.

Deuces

If I didn’t know this was a fishing sight I swear this sounds like one of those shows my wife watches. A lot of drama in youtube fishing who new.

jester

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Pretty entertaining start. Team Manitoba cleaning up on smaller fish but high variety over the 10″ minimum. Konrads are a force but have fewer categories locked down thus far. Team Roughfish taking all the less notable species. And then there’s team USA. Wonder what their strategy will be? They can’t only target smallmouth. Muskie is a risky basket to put your eggs in and it’s only one category at the end of the day. I think Wiebe and Siemens have a good approach in varying the targeted species but we’ll see if their middling sizes hold up.

troutbum
    St. Paul

Cant see how the konrads dont win this. They fish insanely unpressured lakes.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

I think team USA is at a bit of a disadvantage (not that I’m super sad about it) having not been in the competition the first time. They spent a lot of time trying to upgrade that smallmouth, whereas the other teams are going for numbers of species. You could argue the Konrads are burning time too, but that laker point isn’t going anywhere, and that pike is pretty solid. I think Taro/Paul are set up pretty solid after the first round.

troutbum
    St. Paul

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>luttes wrote:</div>

Jake check your DMs

bigcrappie
    Blaine

The show that was put out yesterday, the guy with the blue shads and the white tennis shoes with the 2″ heal from team Tackle Box is annoying as hell. Then the guys that take turns reeling in fish? Come on where is your man card?

hop307
    Northern Todd County

I think team USA is at a bit of a disadvantage (not that I’m super sad about it) having not been in the competition the first time. They spent a lot of time trying to upgrade that smallmouth, whereas the other teams are going for numbers of species. You could argue the Konrads are burning time too, but that laker point isn’t going anywhere, and that pike is pretty solid. I think Taro/Paul are set up pretty solid after the first round.

With where the Konrads where located they probably could not really go after any other species since they took a plane to get to their location.

Deuces

Had to jump in on the series, as expected, phenomenal stuff! woot

Thought the drama was thick in here until I saw mystery tackle box boat drama(can we acronym MTB). jester

I wouldn’t count out any team at this point. Team US would have at least one solid point if peric knew how to fish.

The dynamics at play is really a treat to watch and play with in your own head if you were on a team.

Can one imagine 39hours with a team mille lacs, team leech, team Mississippi and team Tonka?!

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Team Mississippi wins with all of the species.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Maybe an ido gtg on the river, 39 hr format?

Deuces

Misssissippi would win hands down.

Team Mississippi wins with all of the species.

Does it though? Late spring after bass opener you willing to count out a lake like tonka, pannies in shallow, largies, Pike, carp in shallow…..it’s fun to think about. Especially when they classify all suckers into just 3 categ. Yeah buffalo, quillback is unique but those aren’t for sures on the river anyday, especially colder the water!

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.