2024 Vikings

• Tlazer

Addison was arrested for an alleged DUI.

LabDaddy1

Addison was arrested for an alleged DUI.

Yeah if they’re saying “alleged” dui, it’s going to be a DUI. No doubt.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

The good ol’ Vikings!!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

A DUI for a kid with to much money and free time shouldn’t surprise anybody. Just be thankful nobody was hurt.

It’s alleged because he hasn’t been found guilty and it could be pled down.

JoeMX1825
    MN

it’s a huge redflag to me especially so soon after one of his teammates was killed due to a drunk driver… how that wasn’t in the back of his mind is the concerning part imo…yes he’s young and rich and stupid, but he’s gotten away with 2 incidents involving situations he could have easily killed others, will he be so lucky if it happens a 3rd time?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

There are people driving around with 10+ DWI’s on their record. Nobody says or does squat until there is a death.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

yes he’s young and rich and stupid, but he’s gotten away with 2 incidents involving situations he could have easily killed others

I believe his license was suspended for 6 months when he was caught speeding over 100 mph last time. Its mandatory MN State Law when this occurs.

Definitely a pattern at this point now. The coaches shouldn’t even let him drive at this point.

Brittman

In this era of Uber, Lift, and availability of professional drivers (LIMO) there is absolutely no excuse.

Brittman

That is the court system’s fault. Judges have no accountability …

That said, it has been shown that in areas where penalties are very severe that some officers then turn and look away. It is a very complex issue.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

In this era of Uber, Lift, and availability of professional drivers (LIMO) there is absolutely no excuse.

There have been rides available to professional athletes for as long as I can remember. Their ego’s and the being invincible feeling they have won’t let them take advantage of them. I drove drunk more than once and i’m guessing just about everybody else here has also. Some lessons are only learned through age & maturity.

Brittman

I would say those under 30 and living in areas of Uber and Lyft do not drive impaired. I would argue that age in this case is not relevant as it maybe was say 30 – 40 years ago.

I am still amazed at people I know who get DUIs (40 – 65 years old) in this day and age. Some make the terrible mistake of getting that DUI with a minor on board and get the “W” plate.

CaptainMusky

Some make the terrible mistake of getting that DUI with a minor on board and get the “W” plate.

I think you get that plate regardless of if there is another person minor or otherwise in the car depending on how drunk you are.

Brittman

Following a third-degree or higher DWI offense, your regular license plates for any vehicle you own will be impounded. You will then be required to replace them with special registration plates, also known as “whiskey plates”. These plates have earned their nickname because they start with the letter “W” and are used to identify drivers who have been charged with a DWI.

However, thanks to a law passed by the Minnesota Legislature in 2021, drivers can now remove whiskey plates or bypass them altogether by opting instead to participate in an ignition interlock program.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

However, thanks to a law passed by the Minnesota Legislature in 2021, drivers can now remove whiskey plates or bypass them altogether by opting instead to participate in an ignition interlock program.

We have customers at the shop the have the interlock system and the W plates. So not sure how it works honestly. We only service Intoxalock brand interlocks at my work.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

oh he has an excuse! he bought himself a 6 figure whip so he has to drive it and show how fast he is. i knew this pick was going to be problematic when the first words out of his mouth at the draft was “lets get paid”.
    obviously he has some growing up to do. i doubt he will learn from it roll

Ripjiggen

The good ol’ Vikings!!

You mean the good ol’ NFL.

Happens all time. Oh how fun it was to be young and dumb.

Brad Dimond

That is the court system’s fault. Judges have no accountability …

That said, it has been shown that in areas where penalties are very severe that some officers then turn and look away. It is a very complex issue.

Not the courts’ fault, it’s the Legislature. They pass statutes including criminal laws. Those statutes set penalties.

Brittman

Somewhat naive response Brad Prosecutors and ultimately Judges have pretty broad discretion on handing out sentences. The legislature provides pretty broad bands on incarceration and fines.

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/msp/about/Documents/impaired-dwi-consequences.pdf

The penalty upon conviction of a first DWI offense in Minnesota:

Fine: up to $1,000 fine
    Jail: up to 90 days in jail
    License Revocation: 90 days drivers license revocation (may apply for limited work permit license after first 15 days of suspension)
    Ignition Interlock: may be eligible to apply for full driving privileges if prepared to install and use an ignition interlock device for full revocation period
    administrative license plate impoundment if any aggravating factors involved
    possible administrative vehicle forfeiture if aggravating factors involved
    chemical use assessment and treatment as recommended

I know a few people who served jail time either on house arrest (ankle device) or had to go to jail Friday evening – Sunday afternoon. Multiple offense guys.

Tlazer

Seen reports that the Vikings wanted Maye first and were set to take Pennix until the Falcons selected him at #8. Guess they got their 3rd choice in QB.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Seen reports that the Vikings wanted Maye first and were set to take Pennix until the Falcons selected him at #8. Guess they got their 3rd choice in QB.

I absolutely believe the Maye idea, but the price got stupid ridiculous and Vikings fans would have freaked out if we paid it…. I think the Penix backup pick plan is bs though… the kid had major knee & shoulder surgeries a few years ago, way too risky a pick that early…

JJ will pan out if given time, its proven that rookie QB’s that sit their 1st year have a much higher chance of pro success…

Tlazer

Agree on Maye, but have to disagree on Penix. Yes he had injuries but did complete his last 2 full season of college football and I believe led the nation in passing yards both seasons. I’m sure some teams may have some concerns due to his injury history and also his age (24) but obviously not all teams since he was picked ahead of McCarthy. This is not to say JJ can’t be a good QB though. All the article said, which I’m sure could be false, was that the Vikings were supposedly going to pick Penix ahead of JJ. But we will never know since any team will never publicly admit that they wanted someone else over who they picked.

CaptainMusky

Thielen has been practicing with JJ McCarthy and said “he can make all the throws” so that is very encouraging. Thielen definitely isnt a deep threat anymore so we will see how that pans out with the likes of Jefferson and Addison who can take the top off the defense.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Addison who can take the top off the defense.

I doubt Addison will ever play another down for the Vikes.

-J.

AnotherFisherman

Heard a rumor that the DWI was related to weed, not alcohol.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    Addison who can take the top off the defense.

I doubt Addison will ever play another down for the Vikes.

-J.

i hope he still does……if not i/m sure a bunch of other teams would pick him up.

he’s up for a new contract soon isnt he…..put some stipulations in it!!!!!

CaptainMusky

Players doing far worse things still have played with their teams or in the NFL. I am pretty sure he isnt going anywhere. Heck Cordarrel Patterson was going well over 100 MPH coming from training camp, Peterson beat his kid, sexual assaults you name it have all been done multiple times throughout the league and the players still played. May have gotten suspended.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Time to bump this one. Training camp is in full swing and pre-season game number 1 is in 5 days.

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 491 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.